Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Southern Tour: A Hawley Roadtrip {Part 5}

For a review see Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4.

You must be thinking, “How long is she going to drag this trip out?!?!”  Yes, it’s true we are now at Part 5 and not even close to the purpose of the trip: our friend’s wedding.  It was just such a fun trip that I had to break it down in little parts in order to not bombard you with photos.  Like I mentioned last week, the city I was most looking forward to on our 28 hour road trip back home was Savannah, Georgia.  I have been to Georgia several times in the past, but somehow always missed Savannah.  This was a problem that needed correction ASAP.  I could not wait to walk through the city with my hubby.

We walked through the city, stopped in boutiques, sipped on coffee, ran

through puddles in the rain, and sat on a park bench to watch the locals.

It was magical. 

The Mr and I are convinced that the next place we move (whenever that is) will be to Savannah.  We simply fell in love with the city.DSC_0301Savannah 1Savannah 2Savannah 3Savannah 4
If I had to pick my favorite part about Savannah, I wouldn’t have to think twice.  Visiting Paula Deen’s Restaurant, The Lady & Sons, pretty much rocked my world.  I was like a fat kid in a candy shop.  DSC_0348-2Dinner was superb and I felt like I was back home in my mamma’s kitchen.  DSC_0351-2
Paula and I are besties….she just doesn’t know it yet.  Goodness, I love her!  Unfortunately this was as close as I got to her, but I’m gunna pretend that this cut-out was real (at least until I meet her in person).DSC_0357-2
See? Wouldn’t you agree that Savannah was a-maz-ing? Oh I seriously can’t wait to go back!  Have you ever been to Savannah? What places can you recommend for the next time we visit?
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...