Friday, March 2, 2012

MIA- Southern Lovely

Today marks the first day of the MIA Series.  I am finishing up my PhD, and I am beyond swamped.  It’s a very exciting time, as I’m completing a 5 year project (prayers are invited and encouraged lol), but also very busy.  So while I’m gone I wanted to take the opportunity to share some of my best bloggy friends with you.  They have volunteered to help me out so I down drown from the pressure and I’m so grateful.  I know you’re going to love each and every woman who shares over the next few weeks.  Get excited!!!! First up, Lindsay from Southern Lovely is visiting.  She is phenomenal!




Hello friends of Darby's lovely blog, I am really excited to be here today! I'm Lindsay, and I blog over at Southern Lovely. I love creating beautiful things for less. Which means I am usually deep into a DIY, sewing project, painting project, anything that I can be creative with. I am also a busy mom of three little ones--who limit my crafting time quite a bit. Late nights is usually when I do my best work. :)
One day as I was checking out a local thrift store I came across this lovely little Cloche. I was shocked when I saw the price tag of $3, I knew I had to take it home. Since it was only the top, I knew I had to come up with something to place it on. I tried a few things at my house, but they weren't big enough. Then I saw a little pizza tray that I had bought from the Dollar Tree, and it was a perfect fit. I started with a small candlestick, but it just didn't give it enough support, so I had to move on to the larger one, which was also purchased from the Dollar Tree. And guess what, it worked! I hot glued the candlestick to the pizza tray, painted it white, & then I had a great new Cloche, all for $5! I added the green apples, which I purchased from Michaels. So, what do you think?? I'm pretty happy with my $3 find. :) Any fun thrift store finds that you all have come across? I bought a few other things that day, they will be next on my list. :) Thanks for letting me post here today! And please feel free to stop by & say hi, I love meeting new friends!



Photobucket
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
See! Lindsay really IS amazing!  This is such a gorgeous cloche!  Make sure you stop by Southern Lovely and leave her some bloggy love and check out some of her other fabulous projects!  Have a great weekend!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...