Friday, March 30, 2012

MIA- A Hot Pair of Boots

MIA Series Button
Kristin from A Hot Pair of Boots is visiting LWTH today, and I absolutely adore her!  She has a fabulous sense of style; I mean, don’t you just love the name of her blog?!?!  Kristin is super sweet, and I’m so happy to have crossed paths with her in blogland.  A Hot Pair of Boots
Well hello there!  My name is Kristin and I write for a little bloggy blog called A Hot Pair of Boots.  Nice to meet you! 

Darby (Don't you just love her blog, by the way?!) asked me to step in and do a little guest post, and I must admit that I was completely honored.  And a bit terrified.  I mean, she's awesome, so I've got some pretty amazing blog shoes to fill.  Apologies, in advance, if I am not as interesting, crafty or all around fabulous as she is!  Nonetheless, I'll go ahead and give it my best shot.

Today, I'd like to talk about something that is always on my mind (and on my credit card statement): Jeans.   I mean, maybe it's just me, but I seem to be perpetually searching for the perfect pair of jeans. (Anyone else?! Is it really just me?!)  I've tried them all from skinny to flair and from J Brand to J Crew.  I've found a few designers that I just adore (Hudson or AG, anyone?!), and some that, no matter how hard I try, just don't seem to adore me back!  Nonetheless, I've done enough research (and cried on enough fitting room floors) to consider myself a denim connoisseur.  (I should really get like a certificate or something.)

However, despite my love for all things denim, I'm a bit hesitant to jump on the latest trend bandwagon.  Do you know what I'm talking about?  That's right.  Colored denim.

{Source}

I mean, where I come from (Originally Alabama, but now I call Nashville home), jeans are blue.  But now, it seems as if I can't even go to the grocery store without seeing some perfectly coiffed girl in red, yellow, or green jeans!

And I want a pair for myself!  But for whatever reason, I just can't seem to muster up enough courage to wear them.  I've scoured Pinterest, and found a few looks that I just love:

I mean, admittedly these ladies look amazing. But I still cannot help but wonder if I have what it takes to pull it off.  (i.e., among other things, skinny legs!)

How about you?!  Have you jumped on the colored denim train?  If so, do you have any brands that you just love?!  Any styling suggestions?!  Any words of advice for this girl who is still sitting on the sidelines?!  I'd really love to hear all about it!

A big thanks to Darby for letting me use her blog as my own personal fashion forum, and a big thanks to you guys for welcoming me! I hope it has been at least half as much fun for you as it was for me! Have a fabulous day, lovelies!

xoxo, k
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I told you that Kristin was awesome!  And, I’ve got to agree with her: I too, am a bit weary of the colored denim.  I mean I still haven't mastered basic denim, how in the world would I be able to add in color?!  I’m definitely looking forward to your tips for us!  Please stop by Kristin’s piece of blog world for more fun and fashion!  Thanks for visiting Kristin!!!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...