Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Textures & Shapes of Fall

Acorns, pumpkins, leaves, ghords....... there are SO many different textures of fall!  And this fall-fan wants to celebrate ALL of them :-)Textures & Shapes of Fall- Life with the Hawleys- 1Hawley Homeschool
I went through my box of fall decorations & pulled out a few things that I could bring into our homeschool room to talk about the fall.  I had some felt acorns, pumpkins, plastic acorns, pine cones, & plastic leaves.  I'm sure you could find something like this at Hobby Lobby or Michael's. DSC_0161-2DSC_0165-2
I honestly dumped all of the items into a big pile & got Dutch to sort them into their own baskets.  He loved to hold each item, and takes great responsibility in sorting them into their own baskets.  We talk about the colors and the shapes and how each item feels in his hands.  This is great vocabulary work surrounding not just fall, but colors and shapes and textures.DSC_0152DSC_0153
If you can't tell, we're really enjoying fall in our home classroom! What are y'all doing to learn about fall???
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...