Friday, January 22, 2016

Teeny Peep Bumpdate- Week 38

38 Weeks
Ummmmmm…hello chipmunk cheeks. 
How much bigger are you going to get?!
Date: 1/9/16
How far along: 38 weeks
Fruit-size comparison: A pumpkin….let me tell ya, I feel like I'm carrying a pumpkin!
Developmental milestones: Teeny Peep has a firm grasp with her fingers and all of her organs are matured.  She is ready for “departure” to the outside world!   She is beginning to shed her vernix caseosa because she will no longer need it when we get to meet her.  She is somewhere between 6 lbs and 9 lbs but I would guess based on her last measurement she is around 7 lbs. 
Maternity clothes: Can I wear maternity clothes forever?  I know that some women hate them, but I’m not looking forward to packing them away.
Weight gain: 23 lbs......apparently baby girl and I did a lot of growing, which explains the 3am hunger pains several nights last week.  My caregiver said I had leftover "holiday cheer" last week hahaha she's so right!
Stretch Marks: I've got plenty of kisses from heaven from carrying Dutch.  I applied lotions and such daily with that pregnancy, but to be honest I don't think I'm even going to try to prevent future stretch  marks.  I absolutely love these badges of honor and I'm so proud to wear them.
Sleep: I need a lot of it to help me get through each day. Lists running through my brain and contractions have kept me awake some though.
Best moment of the week: 1- I can honestly say that I am so close to “ready”. The majority of my lists are completed, baby laundry is done, I’ve commenced stocking the freezer with meals, pump parts are sterilized, her gear is out washed and has new batteries, bags are packed, and the car seat is clean and by the door. We are feeling closer to her birthday. 2- I met with my care provider again this week and baby girl had a heart rate of 134, my BP was 110/60, & she is measuring a week ahead with her fundal height. 3- This might sound weird but I am so excited that my contractions are becoming more frequent and more intense. I'm praying that my body is responding to them and we're getting closer to meeting our baby girl. 4- The Mr. and I had our “babymoon” this weekend and it was amazing!!  With Dutch we went on a week-long cruise, but this time all we could manage with schedules and a 1 year old was dinner and a movie without our favorite 3rd wheel.  But let me tell ya, it was ah-maz-ing!  We went to to see the new Starwars in 3d at an imax theater and then to my favorite french restaurant for dinner.  When we came home we watched the Steelers play and slept late the next moring before an amazingly trendy and delicious brunch.  This was only our 6th date since Dutch came along; it’s really tough when you live far from family who can help so when we get these moments we really try to embrace them.  We are so grateful for my bestie offering to help out; she’s an angel. 
Movement: I can tell that she is running out of room and her movements are very squished and muted.  She’s still active, just lacks room.
Cravings: Nothing that I can think of here.
Gender: Baby girl!!
Belly button: I love my new outtie :-)
Wedding Ring: On
Anything making you queasy/sick: I can’t eat a lot because it makes me sick to my stomach.
What I miss: Sushi
What I’m looking forward to: I am looking forward to Teeny Peep’s birthday and bringing her home.  I can’t wait to see her face, to learn her sweet scent, to see my hubby become a daddy to a girl (by the way I'm crying as I write this!), to seeing Dutch as a big brother and to learning more about his sister.....basically to see how life will become even more joyful with her presence.
Labor signs: Woah contractions are officially here!  They are becoming more and more uncomfortable and predictable.  I’m still walking, talking, & rocking through them.  I’m just praying intensely that those contractions are doing what they are supposed to be doing.  With Dutch I was in early labor for 3 weeks before his arrival, I’m hoping that early labor doesn’t last as long with Teeny Peep.
Symptoms: I really cannot complain: I am so BLESSED to have had another easy pregnancy.  I only have a few weeks left so my minor symptoms would be fatigue, hunger pains, jumbo swelling face….you know the drill with the last couple of weeks lol
Nursery: There isn't going to be a new nursery.  We plan on having Dutch and Teeny Peep share a room.  It's not that we don't have the space; we do have another bedroom, but we would like our kiddos to share a room when they are younger.  We're thinking this will be a great opportunity to continue building character with our children.  And to be honest, Dutch didn't move into his nursery until he was eight months old, and even then only for a few hours a day until he was 11 months old, so the new baby will probably stay in our room about the same amount of time and then we will do a transition of some sort.  Of course we don't know what it is like to have two children and exactly what it will be like, but this is how we think we are going to try to start.
Emotions: I’m teetering between excitement and embracing the now.  I’m one of those women that absolutely love being pregnant.  I love having my babies so close to me, and embracing this special chapter of growing a human.  So I’m sad that that phase will be over soon, as well as moving on from the family of 3 chapter, but I’m trying to embrace and celebrate all of these moments while they’re still here.  However, I would be completely lying if I didn’t admit that I’m very much looking forward to meeting and holding my baby girl.
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...