Monday, July 12, 2010

Sprinkles

I am not a cupcake fanatic, but I was driving home from a doctors appointment last week and having a pretty bad day, when I spotted…Sprinkles (a famous Beverly Hills cupcake shop that has ignited a cupcake frenzy). Sprinkles expanded their locations, & luckily for me (but not my hips) their newest location is at the entrance to our neighborhood. Since opening 3 weeks ago, there has been a line around the block every day. Considering that most of that line was in the rain because of our first 2 storms of the year, I think that’s pretty impressive. So on my bad day last week when I spotted Sprinkles, there wasn’t a single person in line for the first time in 3 weeks; it was cupcake destiny! I decided that I was going to judge these famous cupcakes for myself.

Being a lover of all things chocolate, I ordered a Red Velvet cupcake (southern style light chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting) and a Black & White cupcake (Belgian dark chocolate cake with creamy vanilla frosting).
Red Velvet
Black & White
They were both moist and scrumptious, but the Black & White was my favorite and the Red Velvet was Phil’s favorite. They were some pretty tasty cupcakes, but I think that was a once-in-a-lifetime event for me, especially since they were $3.25 each! They were good, but I didn’t think they were that over-the-top delicious. I guess you will have to try them out for yourself! http://www.sprinkles.com/
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...