Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Final Week: Repeat Offenders

Last week was our last week of Doulos (the singles bible study that Phil and I led this semester). We not only learned more about spiritual disciplines, but also about working as a team to develop disciples. It was such a rewarding experience and I’m so glad that we responded to God’s calling to serve together in this way.

An added bonus to the class was that I had 5 extra (hungry) food critics to feed every week. This gave me the chance to really plow through some new recipes that would be silly for me to make for just Phil and me. For the last week I made the top 3 favorites from the semester: BBQ Jalapeno Poppers, Patsy’s Blackberry Cobbler, & Monkey bread (All by the PW). The monkey bread was devoured before I could get a picture, so that must have been the favorite. Last time I made the Poppers, I only put BBQ sauce on ½ of the poppers, but this time I put it on all of them and I like them much better with. Last time I made the cobbler I used blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Don’t get me wrong, that’s a great combination for cobbler, but this time I just used raspberries…and yum-o! If you couldn’t tell, there was a lot of gorging going on at our last session to celebrate! Now that the semester is over, let the dieting begin!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...