Monday, April 5, 2010

Cookbook Club Updates

These are the new recipes that I tried last week for the cookbook club: Penne Alla Betsy- From all the alterations I made to this recipe, I’m not sure I can still call it by this name. I used chicken instead of shrimp, whole wheat pasta, and I omitted the wine and basil. I wasn’t too thrilled with this dish, but maybe if I hadn’t made so many alterations I would’ve been. Simple, Perfect Enchiladas- I am not an enchilada aficionado in the least; however, I shocked myself with how delicious these were. I thought this recipe was exhausting, but the final product was totally worth it. What makes this recipe truly delectable is the fresh cilantro….....and the green onions…….oh and the green chilies…mmm and the olives…..ok seriously who am I kidding?! It was all so fantastic and you’re just going to have to see for yourself!
My busy stove!
Perfect Pound Cake & Holiday Bacon Appetizers- I got these 2 off of the PW’s website. While the pound cake was tasty, it was definitely not pretty. Obvious Tip- be sure to grease the bundt pan well so that it comes out in one piece (I clearly forgot that step). For the appetizers, which we decided should be named Bacon Buddies, I put them in the oven at 345 degrees for 25 minutes. I was probably the only one at Bible study who didn’t like these. Oh well, better luck this week!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...