Friday, May 10, 2013

CUP-cakes

I’ve got a BIG sweet tooth.  I would definitely consider myself a choco-holic.  Anyone else?
When I get those chocolate cravings, I’ve just got to address them.  If not they get OOC.
However, if I bake something, it’s probable that I might eat the entire baked-good over the next couple days. Not good.
So, instead I’ve found a way to satisfy my occasional sweet tooth without tempting myself with an entire chocolate cake.  This is my sweet tooth compromise :-)From the Kitchen of Darby HawleyDSC_0021-3
Ingredients
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
pinch of salt
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, plus extra to sprinkle on top
powdered sugar for sprinkling on top.
*This recipe makes 2 CUP-cakes.DSC_0004-2
Directions
  1. Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, & salt.DSC_0007-2
  2. Add in milk, melted butter, lightly beaten eggs, & vanilla. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
  3. Pour the batter evenly into 2 coffee mugs.  This may seem obvious, but make sure the mugs are microwave safe.  Then sprinkle a few more chocolate chips right on top of the batter.  Remember, the more the merrier ;-)DSC_0009-2
  4. Microwave both cups at the same time for 2 minutes on high.  Each microwave strength is different so make sure you monitor your mugs.  As you watch it in the microwave the batter will rise but will fall back down.  The cakes will be completely cooked but will also have a nice ooey gooey bottom. DSC_0010-2
  5. As the cakes are cooling sprinkle them with some powdered sugar.  The longer the cakes cool that firmer they will be.DSC_0015-2
  6. Go curl up on the couch with your sweetie and your sweet treat.
DSC_0016-2DSC_0021-3
Have a SWEET weekend friends!!!!!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...