Friday, May 10, 2013

CUP-cakes

I’ve got a BIG sweet tooth.  I would definitely consider myself a choco-holic.  Anyone else?
When I get those chocolate cravings, I’ve just got to address them.  If not they get OOC.
However, if I bake something, it’s probable that I might eat the entire baked-good over the next couple days. Not good.
So, instead I’ve found a way to satisfy my occasional sweet tooth without tempting myself with an entire chocolate cake.  This is my sweet tooth compromise :-)From the Kitchen of Darby HawleyDSC_0021-3
Ingredients
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
pinch of salt
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, plus extra to sprinkle on top
powdered sugar for sprinkling on top.
*This recipe makes 2 CUP-cakes.DSC_0004-2
Directions
  1. Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, & salt.DSC_0007-2
  2. Add in milk, melted butter, lightly beaten eggs, & vanilla. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
  3. Pour the batter evenly into 2 coffee mugs.  This may seem obvious, but make sure the mugs are microwave safe.  Then sprinkle a few more chocolate chips right on top of the batter.  Remember, the more the merrier ;-)DSC_0009-2
  4. Microwave both cups at the same time for 2 minutes on high.  Each microwave strength is different so make sure you monitor your mugs.  As you watch it in the microwave the batter will rise but will fall back down.  The cakes will be completely cooked but will also have a nice ooey gooey bottom. DSC_0010-2
  5. As the cakes are cooling sprinkle them with some powdered sugar.  The longer the cakes cool that firmer they will be.DSC_0015-2
  6. Go curl up on the couch with your sweetie and your sweet treat.
DSC_0016-2DSC_0021-3
Have a SWEET weekend friends!!!!!
xoxo Darby

15 comments :

Meg O. said...

I LOVE making those!! I try to sometimes do it "healthier" with coconut oil instead of butter and egg whites. Not as decadent but still good!!

thepaceofitall said...

Oooh I need to try this, they look so simple. And delicious. Yum!!

Jessica K said...

What a great idea! Not too much - no leftovers! Thanks for sharing.

Meg Cady said...

Reese DID NOT believe me that this worked... I proved his butt wrong with a killer chocolate chip cookie in a cup... now on to this recipe in which I will again blow his socks off.

Amy @ A Glimpse of the Gouglers said...

Yummy! I have an awful sweet tooth too. This is the perfect serving size to kick the cravings without being able to go back for me :)

Emily said...

LOVE this, it looks yummy. I'll have to try this.

Kasey Lynne said...

LOVE your sugar and flour tins. They are so cute!!

Thanks for sharing the recipe..I'll definitely have to try these.

Whitney H said...

Wow these look delish! I am a chocoholic too, so this would be perfect for me!

Miss MP said...

That look super easy and delicious. Perfect for a movie or tv night in :-).

smk053078 said...

Cupcakes in a cup??? Um, yes please!!! This is my kind of baking!! :) Thanks for sharing!

Meg {henninglove} said...

but this recipe doesn't create leftovers that i can go back to the fridge and repeatedly eat again and again until it is gone!! i need to try this solo serving recipe, never done it so gotta try it. thanks for posting darby

Eliza said...

This is genius! lol Seriously I'm a little cray when it comes to chocolate too ;)

Sarah said...

I keep seeing these pop up and I have to try them!

Emily said...

Oh my goodness, what a cute and delicious idea! Those cups you baked them in are so charming too. I think I'll just have to make these! Following you now. (:

May the force be with you.
Emily

Domesticable said...

Copying for sure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...