Friday, May 3, 2013

Counter Command Center

Did you see all of the alliteration in that title?!?! Yes, I actually took the time to think of that lol  Once a teacher always a teacher, right?

Friends: it’s Friday!! We made it!  This week was nutso!  I have finished two courses completely with final scores submitted and everything.  I will finish the third this afternoon and the last one will be finished next Tuesday. Wahoo!  Can you feel my excitement?! I love my job but I’m really looking forward to summer!

While I’m always busy with school, my kitchen is always busy too.  (Do you sense a theme here?!)   I like to have a lot going on in my kitchen; it just makes life more fun.  Although, for as long as I can remember, I have not liked busy countertops.  I don’t know why, but I just don’t like it lol The rest of my life can be busy but, for whatever reason, the countertops are not allowed to be cluttered.  I’m such a weirdo sometimes! 

HOWEVER, there are some things that are just easier, and convenient, to have on the countertops especially if you like to cook.  Here in lies the problem.  I mentioned before about my problem (and ultimate solution) for my countertop spice rack (see here).  For everything else I have a “command center”.   In the corner of the kitchen I have a white tray filled with all of my daily cooking essentials.
DSC_0339-3

On the tray I have a couple sets of measuring spoons in a coffee mug.  One of the sets I purchased at Anthropologie.  Does anyone else love that store?  I can never get out of that store without purchasing something!DSC_0345-2

I’ve also got a mortar and pestle for when I cook with fresh herbs from the garden.DSC_0346-2

Since I tend to bake fairly frequently, I decided not to ever put my measuring cups away (also from Anthropologie).  I just bypass that step and keep them on the tray in the corner.  This way they’re always ready to go for the next batch of cookies :-) Yum!Collage 1

I never cook with metal utensils.  There a lot of health recommendations that I should be more concerned about than I really am, which would defer me from using metal utensils.  But that isn’t why I use wood or bamboo lol In all honesty, I use wood & bamboo so I don’t scratch my cookware.  The fact that it’s also better for us is just icing on the cake.  I probably have my priorities backwards here but oh well; it all works out in the end.Collage 2

Of course I can’t forget my little pups!  I also keep a nice jar filled with T-R-E-A-T-S on the counter for easy access.  I have to spell the word in case they hear me since they know that word very well lolDSC_0348-3

I’ve also got an olive oil cruet with pourer on the tray.  I use EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) all the time so I just keep it on the tray since I know that I’m going to be using it again soon.DSC_0339-2
So here is my Countertop Command Center. It keeps my kitchen Clean yet Convenient.
Do you have something like this in your kitchen to help keep you organized when the kitchen gets busy?
Have a great Friday and weekend friends!!!!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...