Monday, May 20, 2013

Aprons & A Fork Story

It’s Monday! Nothing like a fresh clean slate to start the week, right?!
If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter you’ve probably seen a lot of sewing pictures lately.  Well that’s because I’ve been sewing. Ha!  I’m such a mystery sometimes lolDSC_0017
I decided that I wanted to celebrate the mother’s in my smallgroup from church (Hi ladies!) with a homemade apron for Mother’s Day.  As I made each apron, I prayed specifically for that mom for the next year to be rooted in the Lord, to be a source of strength, peace, and encouragement for her children, for divine patience and maximized rest.  I selected a specific verse for her that I felt the Lord was leading me to pray, and let each mom know their verse.  I think people like to know how they are being prayed for.
I selected the fabric that I thought each mom would like and got to pinning, cutting, ironing, & sewing.DSC_0782-2Collage 3Collage 4Collage 1Collage 2

I included The Fork Story on the front of the bag pinned on with fabric pins.  I’m not sure where I got this story from (sorry!).  I also included my favorite verse of scripture to pray for others: Numbers 6:24-26.DSC_0857-2DSC_0850-2
The Fork Story
A woman diagnosed with a terminal illness, asked her Pastor to come to her home to discuss her final wishes. She told him which songs she wanted sung at her funeral, and what scriptures she wanted read, and which outfit she wanted to be buried in.
Then she said, “One more thing…I want to be buried with a fork in my hand.” The pastor was surprised.
The woman explained, “In all my years of attending church socials and potluck dinners, I always remember that when the dishes of the main course were being cleared, someone would inevitably say to everyone, ‘Keep your fork.’ It was my favorite time of the dinner, because I knew something better was coming like velvety chocolate cake or deep dish apple pie – something wonderful.”
So it’s your turn….
Keep Your Fork.
The best is yet to come.
I think they liked them, at least I hope that they did lol   If you know someone who enjoys to cook and you would like to pray for them, I think this would be a great gift.  It really is a great blessing to others, but also to yourself to serve others with your gifts.
I plan on sewing a lot more this summer.  Do you have any suggestions for what I should tackle next?
Hope y’all have a great start to your week!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...