Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What I'm Lovin' Wednesday: My N-E-W Office!

With my new position (see more about it here and here), one of the small details I needed to do was move offices.  My office I had at my previous position was nothing fancy (I promise) but it had been my creative space for 5 years.  This might sound weird, but I felt like I had bonded with this office.  I needed to pack up my old office as well as move a bunch of books from our home library to my new office.  I just wanted everything in one place; I hate being spread out. I was both excited and dreading this. I was looking forward to my new space but since packing isn't the funnest project, I was not looking forward to it. Thankfully the Mr helped out moving the boxes of books so it didn't take very long.
Here is the old office, before and after I packed up.  I told you it was nothing fancy-schmancy ;-)
I had way more trash than things to actually move (thank goodness!)
So here is what I'm working with now in my new office...notice the windows!!! I've got a nice large desk too :-)
 Those fake flowers came with the office....sorry but they had to go.  I also have 2 of the bookshelves, and I've moved them to the wall adjacent to the windows.
 My favorite part of the office, besides "Dr Hawley" on the door (hey I worked long and hard for that nameplate!) are the chairs.  I love them!
I've started decorating my office in turquoise, ivory, and espresso, and put up my painting from the blogger event (since the colors matched so well).  Other than that, I've got a blank canvas.  This is your chance to help me out and design this office.  What suggestions do you have?

17 comments:

Marilyn Clark said...

Wow....what a make over! You've got a great work place now! :D

Lindsey said...

So happy for you! Nothing quite as fun as decorating a new space :)

DaisyGirl said...

oh wow!! What a great new office!! and chairs!!! hehe!!! A few years ago, I moved from a windowless closet (seriously...that's what it used to be...they tell me it was a storage closet for the geology department.....) to an office with windows and it has been SO nice!! Granted the windows only show me the sky but hey it's natural light!!!!!!!!!! And I'm not complaining!! Enjoy the new space!!!!

Meg Cady said...

THE CHAIRS! I noticed before I even read that you had an affinity for them! Nothing says big shot Dr. like a good leather chair!

i love your color scheme very professional with a twist of fun!

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Kellyn Fleming said...

I think it's a great space! and believe me after my old office was in the attic of an old house and moving to a new office with big HUGE windows, your windows will never get old! Enjoy them! I say for decorating tips definitely put a big Fathead of yours truly on the wall!!! Now that's a conversation piece! :)

Susan Fleming said...

Love the chairs

Chelsea said...

LOVE the new office and the chairs! Congratulations...it's always nice being upgraded to a window.

applesandglue said...

Yay for your new office and WINDOWS! :)

Lindsay said...

I am so happy for you! What a great new space. I love the color scheme, it's going to look fabulous! I would start pinning away to get ideas. :)

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Ooh I'm liking it...enjoy Dr. H...you deserve!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

It of course!

Clinton Harvin said...

First of all, I would like to congratulate you for having a bigger office to work on. I'm guessing that with a bigger office, you'll be having more workload. Just kidding. :) But hey, the windows are nice and your desk is fabulous. Well, keep on that motivation, Darby!

MindBodyandSoul Yoga said...

Eek! Such an exciting feat! Good luck decorating! I'd suggest but im HORRIBLE at decorating :/

Meg O. said...

Now those chairs are just perfect! Makes you an official Dr.! How fun :) Congrats on the new office!

Kristen Danielle said...

First of all, congrats on the new job, Dr. Hawley!! How awesome!! & that office is a definite upgrade!

Second, now, don't be upset... but I have to say this because I'm such a huge recycle freak. You BETTER have put all that trash paper into recycling. LOL

Also, on a side note, I'd definitely hit up Hobby Lobby for some cute inexpensive decor items for the book shelves & whatnot! :)

The Cavallaro's said...

Thank goodness you got rid of those GORGEOUS (gag) flowers! I can't wait to see pictures of the new and improved office after the re-do!

Blake Mitchell said...

Wow, your office is gorgeous! There's nothing more refreshing than working in an organized and visually appealing workspace. This kind of space will definitely keep your creative juices flowing. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover