Monday, June 11, 2012

Pinot’s Palette

Yesterday I got together with some of my favorite Houston bloggers at Pinot’s Palette for a painting class!  This was my third visit to Pinot’s Palette (1st painting & 2nd painting), but my first time painting at their new Galleria location.  I always enjoy these painting classes, so I was really looking forward to this get together.  Once again, Pinot’s Palette did not disappoint & I had a blast with my fellow blogging buddies :-)
We arrived yesterday at 5pm for an hour of mingling and snacks.  Pinot’s Palette is  BYOB and BYOS (bring our own snack) place, so we had tons of scrumptious goodies while we caught up with friends.Collage 1
At 6pm we sat down to start our paintings.  We were given a paper plate with a few colors on it and we used those colors to mix and create  new colors in various shades.Collage 2
The painting we selected was called Candied Skies, and the wonderful instructor led us through each step.  To be honest, you do NOT have to be Picasso to have fun creating a masterpiece!DSC_0011DSC_0020
We were given a couple of breaks to get up and check out all the awesome artwork.  I really liked this part because I got a chance to see how everyone interpreted the portrait a little differently.DSC_0035
Here is our gorgeous group all together with our masterpieces at the end.  I’m in the second row on the left :-)  Thanks Megan for the group photo!169636_669243958341_751433661_o
This is my interpretation of Candied Skies :-) Collage 3
I’m thinking I’m going to hang this in my NEW OFFICE- more to come on this little detail soon ;-)DSC_0028
Last night was so much fun!  If you are looking for a fun place to go with friends or for a date night, I highly recommend Pinot’s Palette.  Phil and I went for a date night a couple years ago and had so much fun! You’ve got to check out Pinot’s Palette! I promise you WONT regret it!

17 comments:

tara said...

So much fun! Loved seeing you! :)

Kellyn Fleming said...

I love this entry! It made me so happy! Everybody's artwork looks great! I especially like your detail are carving your initials in to the tree! So very sweet. I want to do this one day, it looks so fun!

Whitney said...

I really enjoyed last night! It was nice to meet you and had a lot of fun!

Simply Kelly Blog said...

How fun-- they have this in Austin and it's called painting with a twist. Your painting came out great!

Jennifer Leible said...

Your painting turned out lovely and I love the carved initials in the tree trunk!! Can't wait to see more on the office!!

Suzzie V said...

wow, that turned out great! I love the colors in it.

Danie said...

I would love to do something like that :)! Love your painting!

Lindsay said...

I am so impressed! What a gorgeous piece you created! And it looks like the most adorable place. Need to look to see if there is something similar in my area!

Lori said...

It was so good seeing you again and catching up! This meetup was so much fun, definitely glad I came. Your painting turned out great!

Amy G. said...

I had such a blast at Pinot's Palette too! I'm so glad we were able to meet and I hope to see you again soon!

sherri lynn said...

Darby your painting is SO good! I have like zero artistic skills whatsoever, so I am very much in awe of others who can paint something that turns out looking good! It will be perfect to hang in an office - can't wait to hear more about that one!

Meg O. said...

I'm so glad you had so much fun!!! I love the way you did the leaves on your tree. So good to see you last night! Um, can we seriously do it again?! lol

Tani@Tagana Rose said...

What a gorgeous painting!! Can't wait to hear more about your office!!
Tani:)

Lindsay @ Trial By Sapphire said...

I didn't get to meet you in person, but your painting turned out wonderfully! I had so much fun at this meet-up (I had only been to one before), and I can't wait for the next one! I hope I can meet you then!

Sarah said...

Love this!! Your painting looks great!! I did a similar thing here in Cincy, it was SO fun!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

What a fantastic event...so much fun!

Bri Buzali said...

It was great to meet you at the event! We'll have to chat more at the next one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover