Friday, June 1, 2012

A-B-C Baby Shower

Do you hear that Michael Jackson song right now? lol  A friend from my cohort at work recently found out she was expecting.  So naturally we wanted to throw her a baby shower.  Since our line of work is in developmental psychology and academics, we thought the ABC’s would be a perfect theme :-)
To kick-off the theme with the invitations, guests were encouraged to bring a book for the baby instead of a card.
DSC_0765
When guests arrived they were asked to write a message to the mommy-to-be on a diaper.  So during those late night changings she can be encouraged.DSC_0002DSC_0044
Here are some of the decorations at the party.DSC_0005DSC_0009DSC_0012DSC_0026
Since the shower was in the morning, we served brunch.  We had quiches, fruit, bagels, little smokes in a blanket, cupcakes, and fruit parfaits.  It was all so delicious!DSC_0016DSC_0029We had vanilla (blue) and chocolate (brown) cupcakes, with A-B-C toppers.DSC_0021DSC_0020
Excited mamma opening her gifts :-)DSC_0075
For my gift I made Pilar a quilt with numbers on it.  I had the hardest time finding some fabric with letters on it, so I settled with numbers.  I included a lot of different kinds of soft textures to make baby boy’s tummy time more entertaining and encourage development of the senses. (Seriously I’m such a nerd!)DSC_0732DSC_0737I tried to have my gift as A-B-C focused as possible.  I just love a theme :-)DSC_0741
Before guests left, we sent them home with some sweet blue treats.DSC_0014Me with Pilar.  So happy for you mamma!!DSC_0101The hostesses with the mommy-to-be.DSC_0112
This was one of my favorite shower themes!  It was such a fun day shower my dear friend Pilar :-)  Can’t wait to meet your little boy and spoil him!
xoxo Darby

13 comments :

Lindsay said...

What a gorgeous shower! I love the theme of it! Those diapers with little notes are just adorable! What a pretty mom-to-be! And you look awesome, by the way!

Joy said...

LOVED the theme, the decor, the food, the gifts, EVERYTHING! Precious!!! I didn't know you made cute blankets!!!

Vicki said...

Cute!

Susan Fleming said...

Wonderfully cute

Shatzi @ Love and Laundry said...

It turned out so cute! I love it. I especially love the diaper messages. That would have made me laugh so hard with my babies.

Lindsey said...

Precious theme! I love baby showers :)

Sarah said...

Love this idea! We are throwing a similarly themed shower for one of my friends soon, I love the idea of giving them books for their nursery.

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Definitely an awesome as cute idea!!

Fashion Meets Food said...

awww what a cute shower! xo

sherri lynn said...

What a fun shower theme!! All of the food and decorations are so pretty! And I love the quilt that you made - you are quite talented Darby!

Natalie @ Confetti Diaries said...

I love the idea of writing an encouraging message on a diaper for mom. I know I could have used a few of those during some bleary eyed changes early on. What a wonderful addition to a baby shower!

Jenny @ The NY Melrose Family said...

I love the theme! My favorite is the message on the diaper. Another great children's book is Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

Amy said...

What a fun theme! I love, love, love the diaper messages! I've never seen that before. And the blanket you made is just adorable. Great job, Darby! Thanks for sharing this at Shine on Fridays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...