Friday, June 1, 2012

A-B-C Baby Shower

Do you hear that Michael Jackson song right now? lol  A friend from my cohort at work recently found out she was expecting.  So naturally we wanted to throw her a baby shower.  Since our line of work is in developmental psychology and academics, we thought the ABC’s would be a perfect theme :-)
To kick-off the theme with the invitations, guests were encouraged to bring a book for the baby instead of a card.
DSC_0765
When guests arrived they were asked to write a message to the mommy-to-be on a diaper.  So during those late night changings she can be encouraged.DSC_0002DSC_0044
Here are some of the decorations at the party.DSC_0005DSC_0009DSC_0012DSC_0026
Since the shower was in the morning, we served brunch.  We had quiches, fruit, bagels, little smokes in a blanket, cupcakes, and fruit parfaits.  It was all so delicious!DSC_0016DSC_0029We had vanilla (blue) and chocolate (brown) cupcakes, with A-B-C toppers.DSC_0021DSC_0020
Excited mamma opening her gifts :-)DSC_0075
For my gift I made Pilar a quilt with numbers on it.  I had the hardest time finding some fabric with letters on it, so I settled with numbers.  I included a lot of different kinds of soft textures to make baby boy’s tummy time more entertaining and encourage development of the senses. (Seriously I’m such a nerd!)DSC_0732DSC_0737I tried to have my gift as A-B-C focused as possible.  I just love a theme :-)DSC_0741
Before guests left, we sent them home with some sweet blue treats.DSC_0014Me with Pilar.  So happy for you mamma!!DSC_0101The hostesses with the mommy-to-be.DSC_0112
This was one of my favorite shower themes!  It was such a fun day shower my dear friend Pilar :-)  Can’t wait to meet your little boy and spoil him!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...