Monday, April 11, 2011

A Phase?

We all know that in life, we go through phases. I think I’m in a phase right now. A silly, weird phase. A bird phase? Yes, a bird phase. As I was posting the pictures of our Easter decorations a couple weeks ago, I began to notice how many bird things have accumulated in my house over the past 6 months or so. Check it out:

I painted this last September and have it hanging in the guest room.


I purchased this bird cage shelf for the office.

I put this glittery raven on the mantle for Halloween.

I put an owl on the mantle for autumn.

Our smallgroup hosted a baby shower in October and I was in charge of decorations....some how this became a bird thing as well.

Check out our Christmas mantle decorations....more birds.

For Valentine’s Day Phil took me to a gorgeous restaurant with delicious food. However, the only pictures I got of the evening were of the swans and peacocks. Notice the peacocks in the trees? I had no idea that peacocks could fly!

This is our spring tablescape in the dining room.

Then don’t forget about the birdhouse pedestal I made for spring.

And now here is my latest Etsy purchase from Vintage Green Limited: love birds

Aren't these love birds (and by "love birds" I'm not referring to the framed couple in the background ;-) hehe) just so cute?

Look at how their feet make a heart, awwwwwwwww

Has anyone else noticed this about me? Do you think it’s a phase? Maybe I’m not in a phase, and I’m just a collector? Can you be a collector if you’re not conscious about your collecting?


All I can do is laugh, because I MUST like birds more than I thought I did. :-)

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

YES!!!! I have totally noticed this about you. hahah! I just thought you were always like this.. you just liked birds :).

phases are ok though ... I am going through a cherry blossom phase right now. This is actually quite pleasant compared to my previous phases throughout middle school and highschool in order (Hanson, Winnie the Pooh, and Lord of the Rings)... haha.. I was a weird child.

That painting is almost a blend between both of our phases.. cherry blossoms and birds. heehee

Kellyn Fleming said...

Yes! I have noticed this about you but oddly enough I have noticed it about myself as well. Only for me instead of decorations its all about the fashion! I have bird/feather earrings, clothing with bird prints (just bought 2 new bird print dresses this season), headbands, rings, etc. It's all over my accessories and clothing. Kinda funny because I think live birds are pretty gross in real life but love them for fashion! Maybe we are going through a phase together. :)

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

Yes, I guess I was the last to notive :-)

~ Noelle said...

love your bird painting :)
stopping by from alexa hop :)

Jen@Mom's Online Garage Sale said...

I knew peacocks could fly but didn't realize they could go that high. I love your little love birds, too cute.

Stopping by from the Alexa Hop, have a great weekend!

angelfitch said...

I adore the love birds (I've been trying to make some...they're harder than they look!!) and the birdcage, too!!!
~Terry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover