Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Egg Hunt Sweet Treats


With Easter right around the corner I wanted to give you some sweet ideas just in time for the festivities. In both of these recipes, I used my favorite Easter chocolate, Cadburry Eggs, because I wanted you to have your very own egg hunt.
Egg Hunt Brownies- For these brownies, all you need is a box of brownie mix (I used Kroger brand and they were delicious), and some Cadburry Mini Eggs.
Prepare the brownie mix and pour it into your pan. Top the mix with enough chocolate eggs so that every piece will get an egg (no one wants to be left out on the chocolaty surprise!). Oh yea, let’s get a closer look at that chocolate, yummmmmm! Lastly cook the brownies as directed on the box and they will come out looking like this.
Egg Hunt Cupcakes-This is another simple recipe. You can use pretty much any cake mix that you have; I chose funfetti because I was trying to be festive.

Make the cupcakes as directed on the package and pour them into your pan. Press a mini Cadburry Crème Egg into the cupcake mix (you want to really press it into the mix so that the chocolate doesn’t burn). Cook the cupcakes as directed and let them cool. Now the fun decorations begin! Dye your icing and some sweet coconut green, and then top your cupcakes with both; first the icing and then the coconut. You can use more coconut to cover the cupcake if you want. I didn’t because Phil doesn’t like coconut very much and I didn’t want to kill the cupcakes for him. Then placed some jelly beans on top of the coconut. Again, just like with the chocolate eggs, you want to push the jelly beans down so they don’t go rolling all over the place. Don’t these look so cute!? And just when you’re eating your cupcake and you think you’ve found all of the eggs at the hunt.....you’ll find the golden egg hidden inside your cupcake. I promise this post was not sponsored by Cadburry, I just really like their chocolate...a lot. So go, and make some egg hunt treats for Easter!
Linking up at Liz Marie's Hop To It Party

19 comments:

spearmint baby said...

thanks for visiting, Darby! love your yummy Easter treats! & yes, keep following for the blog hops. this week is sure to pay off for the Alexa hop! xo, shari

Krystal said...

Mmm I want something sweet now :)

following from the alexa hop :) new follower on gfc

http://makeupxmama.blogspot.com

Nancy StylenDecorDeals.blogspot.com said...

These look so wonderful! I'll have to make these on Sat. before Easter as my daughter gave up sweets for lent.
I'm a new follower from the blog hop! Please hop by and visit me:

http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

Jennifer said...

Hi! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog! I'm glad you found mine, because I found yours in return! The cupcakes look SO good -- I'll have to give these a try!

Katie @ covestreetblog said...

I think I need to try those brownies, they combine my 2 favorites:) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

LaVonne @ Long Wait said...

These are great ideas! Thanks for posting. I love it! I will have to try the cupcakes. (I love cupcakes!)

I am visiting from the Alexa hop. It is nice to "meet" you. I hope you have a blessed evening!

Long Wait For Isabella

Crunchy Frugalista said...

Visiting b/c of the Alexa hop, and so glad I did. I just ate a lil bag of Cadburies today. I have to make these cupcakes!! Hope to see you soon at Crunchyfrugalista.blogspot.com!

Lori said...

Popping in from the Alexa hop! Looks yummy! I am a sucker for Cadburry eggs...both the creme eggs and the mini ones with the candy shell. They are my nemesis!

Lori

Danie said...

Okay, I had to scroll REALLY fast to get past all the sweet treats lol, to say, thank you for your sweet comment. Feel free to follow, comment, ask questions, and lift us up in your prayers. Thank you so much!

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

Thanks for stopping by everyone and I hope you enjoy these yummy chocolate treats :-)

Crystal said...

These cupcakes and brownies look wonderful!!! I am such a sucker for anything containing the word "Cadbury"! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I LOVE yours! I am a new follower! U may know this, but just makin sure, to become a follower, just click "follow" at the top left of my blog. I would add u to the list if I could! :) Do u want in on the giveaway with your comment? :) Nice to "meet" u! Have a fab weekend! :)

Crystal said...

It's me again! I just saw the sweet picture of you and your husband! Is Rice University as in John R Rice? My brother is taking correspondence courses for seminary and I have heard that is an excellent school! That's so wonderful if you were able to attend college there! :)
Crysta
www.homemakerinheels.com

Kortney said...

Hi! I'm a new follower from the Friday hops! Come visit me at www.kortneyskrazylife.com! Have a great weekend and hope to see you soon!

Sarah said...

Yummy, thanks for the ideas!

I am a new follower from the Spearmint Baby Alexa hop! www.mooseandtater.com

Lisa (Berksgirl) said...

Hi there!

You stopped by my blog to follow this past week and I'm returning the favor. Thank you so much! I look forward to reading! Have a great weekend!

~Lisa
http://berksgirl.blogspot.com

ManWifeDog said...

YUMMY!!!!

Kyla said...

Thanks for following! I'm following back! This is a really neat (and yummy) idea!

Mom Daughter Style said...

Great post! i ENJoyed the pictures.

Following from the Tuesday blog hop, I hope you visit/follow me back.

http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/

If you wish to follow me on twitter, that would be great too. =)

http://twitter.com/#!/MomandRC

fancygrlnancy said...

I love the cadbury chocolate too.. yum. Thanks for sharing.

stopping by from the alexa hop and a new follower. Please visit me at http://www.arizonamama-fancygrlnancy.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover