Friday, July 27, 2012

Last Minute Jambalaya (But Not Really)

From the Kitchen of Darby HawleyHaha!  Do you like that title? LOL I make this "jambalaya" dish for dinner when I'm brain dead.  It’s not what I would consider to be traditional jambalaya, but it’s tasty none the less.  I like it because it's easy, fast, and I usually have all of the ingredients on hand. DSC_0129-2
Ingredients:
-1 package of Zatarain’s Jambalaya Rice (there is a spicy & a regular version & both are great, so it’s up to you)
-1lb of smoked kielbasa/sausage thinly sliced
-can of peas, drained
-can of black beans, rinsed and drained
Directions:
  1. Cook the rice according to the directions on the box (Easy, right?)
  2. While the rice is cooking, slice the kielbasa/sausage and brown in a frying pan.  The meat is smoked, so it’s all the way cooked when you purchase it, but I like to put it in the frying pan so that it has nice and crispy edges.  Depending on your pan, you might need to drizzle a little bit of EVOO, but if you use a cast iron skillet you can skip this.
  3. When the rice is done, add the meat, peas, and black beans.
  4. Stir and Serve!
See that wasn’t hard at all, and it only takes a few ingredients and very little time!  So instead of slaving away in the kitchen after a long day, go snuggle up with your hubby and catch up!
This recipe has a lot of room for personal substitutions.  If you try this out, and make some changes, please let me know so that I can try it too!DSC_0126-2

16 comments:

Lindsay @ Trial By Sapphire said...

That's my kind of meal! Oh, wait. My husband does all of the cooking...

#wifeofthecentury

Sugarr2518 said...

Yum! I've never tried Jambalaya before, but it looks really good:) I will have to try this sometime soon!

Lindsay said...

Awesome, this looks great! Thanks friend. Have a great weekend!

Susan Fleming said...

looks great

Jamie said...

Don't knock easy dishes! They're all I do anymore and besides, the taste is what matters and that looks delicious.

The Cavallaro's said...

I think I need to crash your dinner sometime, that looks DELISH!

Meggan said...

This is a GREAT midweek option for me! Thank so much for sharing! I love a quick, easy and delicious option!

Michelle said...

This looks so good and easy to have the ingredients on hand! Thanks for sharing and I am a new follower from a past GFC hop!
I hope you have had a great weekend!!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.com

Carrie Appel said...

Hopped over from HiH & am now ur newest follower! I just wrote this down on my 2wk menu, CANT WAIT t try it girl! (:
-Carrie Eve @
a-hooahs-housewife.blogspot.com

Zachary and Sarah @ HHG said...

Mmm Jambalaya never looked so good! Can't wait to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing :) New follower here. Yay for being blog friends!!

Aimee @ ShugarySweets said...

My husband loves jambalaya. This looks great!

Christine said...

That looks AMAZINGLY delicious!!

Thank you so very much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Yummy! Looks so delish! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Claiming Our Space said...

This is my kind of recipe - quick and easy. Thanks so much for sharing on Tout It Tuesday. Hope to see you tomorrow.

Lady Behind The Curtain said...

I love your recipe! Would you come over to Cast Party Wednesday at Lady Behind The Curtain and share it with us?
Thanks, I hope to see you there! ~Sheryl~ http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/?p=33671

Debi Bolocofsky said...

This is a great recipe. I can't wait to try it. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/tangerine-toner-and-wednesdays-adorned.html
Hope to see you there. It is open until Sunday night.
Debi @ Adorned From Above

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover