Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Tour

Welcome to the Hawley’s for Christmas!  Let me take you on a tour around the house and show you some of our holiday decorations.  (Beware, picture overload)
Car

Starting outside, Phil surprised me with reindeer antlers and a Rudolph nose for my car.  I thought it was so sweet that he went to 14 different stores to get this surprise for me.  I laughed so hard the morning I found them on my car. 
Reindeer Mamba with plate smudged
Living Room
My grandmother’s Christmas mice (oh the irony of this foreshadowing lol) are on an end table.
DSC_1199
A comfy red throw on the couch.  I love these pillows because they remind me of a gingerbread house.  Do you see it?DSC_1335
The mantle ready for Santa (Yep, this is a TV upgrade for us; I’ll be posting on this soon).  We put red lights in the fireplace for our Houston “fire”.  And yes, I still have pumpkins sitting there; I just can’t find the heart to throw them away if they aren’t bad yet.  Besides, Tomlin loves scooting them around the house.DSC_1192
I put an evergreen swag on the mantle, added some cranberries, and a string of glittered pearls.  Of course I have some birds mingled in there too (You know I just can’t help myself when it comes to birds lol).  On the left side I filled a hurricane with some pine cones, red ball ornaments, and iced twigs.DSC_0934
On the right side, I have a cross and two candle sticks.DSC_0938
There are also some tea lights sprinkled across the mantle in the evergreen.  It looks so pretty at night.DSC_0993DSC_0998There are 2 cotton-glittered snowflakes hanging from the mantle; one on each side.DSC_0941Our stockings hung by the chimney with care :-)DSC_1194
Dining RoomOn the corner of the breakfast bar, I have my favorite nativity scene; I love that each “character” has the corresponding scripture on it. DSC_1203DSC_1204Behind the nativity scene, I have hung our Christmas cards.  We call this the “Wall of Love” :-)DSC_1334
On the end of the dining room table I have a ceramic Christmas tree with some Christmas colored tea lights.DSC_1210
On the left side of the buffet sideboard, I set up my Nutcracker collection.  I’ve been adding one a year, and still need to get one for this year.DSC_0943
I set up some reindeer tea lights on the right side of the buffet sideboard.DSC_0960
Our tree is in the dining room this year.  Phil took this picture of me decorating the tree.  Didn’t he do a great job?!DSC_1167DSC_1184Bedroom
I just put a wreath in our bedroom, something super simple, between the sconces.  I made 2 of these wreathes for Christmas a couple years ago.DSC_0933
Ruby Trees
I told y’all about my Ruby Trees last year, but in short, I do themed trees in honor of my grandmother (click here for the full story).  These are 2 Ruby Trees from the past, and I will do a post later this week on our new Ruby Tree for this year.  This is a baking themed tree in the dining room.DSC_1189
This is my sweet candy tree on the back porch.DSC_1202Here are some outtakes: I took these pictures of Tomlin playing with all of the Christmas decorations as I was decorating the house.  It appears she is a big fan of Christmas too :-)DSC_1083DSC_1097
Sorry for the picture overload, but I just had to show you how our home is transformed for Christmas.  And since it’s been like this for over a month, it was time I shared some pictures with you, right?  Hope you’re having a great Monday!

9 comments:

Jen said...

Your home looks so festive! How fun! I have the very same card holder, too :)

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Love all the decor around the house...Lily is too cute...I was going to talk about car decor on my blog but haven't been able to snap any photos of people and their cars! Cute!

Lindsay said...

What a lovely home! It is decorated so beautifully!

sherri lynn said...

Your house is so festive! My favorite is your mantel - it is SO pretty!

Rochelle said...

I love your decorations, especially that mantel and nativity scene.

Nesha said...

Lovely. I really like the lights in the fireplace (very creative). And Lily, SO CUTE!!! :D

sarah@totalbassetcase.com said...

Your house looks fantastic and so does Miss Tomlin :)

Kellyn Fleming said...

I love all the pictures!!! The highlight is definitely the grand mantle and fireplace! The garland with the tealights really gives the feel of peaceful Christmas nights! I also love the picture of Tomlin with the wreath on, hehe. You know I love your nutcracker collection (I am looking forward to adding on to mine this year as well) and I think Phil's pic of the nutcracker and you in the background is really good! You both are becoming pros! Lastly, I like all the new additions to the Ruby Trees this year...some of those look familiar! :)

Joy said...

I LOVE THIS!!! Tomlin is precious in all the photos and the decorations are amazing!! And I saw our Christmas card in one of the pics. LOL I hope y'all are having a wonderful Christmas vacation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover