Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Centerpiece

I have seen these pumpkin centerpieces for years, and I love them every time I see them.  But this year when I saw one in Southern Living I said “This is the Year”!  If you have not yet prepared your centerpiece for Thanksgiving, I recommend giving this a whirl!Pumpkin Centerpeice
Since I still had pumpkins leftover from Halloween, all I needed to do was buy some seasonal flowers.  First, hallow out the pumpkin and place some florist foam (that has been soaked in water) into the pumpkin.  If you’re foam is a little too big, it’s easy to cut so that you have the perfect fit.Prep the pumpkin
Then just start sticking your flowers into the foam, starting in the middle of the foam and working your way out to the edges.  I recommend putting your taller flowers in the middle and the shorter flowers on the sides.  Also if you’re using this for a centerpiece, a) make sure the pumpkin isn’t so big that you don’t have enough space on the table for food, and b) make sure your flowers aren't too tall- you want to be able to see the people you’re eating dinner with.arrange flowers
Easy centerpiece, right?  I don’t know why I have waited this long to try this. It’s easy, cheap, smells great, and a fabulously festive centerpiece for Thanksgiving!

xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...