Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pumpkin Krispy Treats

I’ve been throwing pumpkins at you all week.  Are you tired of pumpkin ideas and recipes yet?  I know I say they’re all awesome, but they really are lol

I love this treat because it doesn’t even require turning on the oven it returns me to my youth.  These pumpkin flavored rice krispie treats are TO. DIE. FOR!  I couldn’t keep my fingers out of the pan!
Over low-medium heat, melt 1 stick of butter.  Keep a close eye on your butter so that it doesn’t burn, but once it starts to turn a little brown, stir in 1 tsp of pumpkin spice & a 10.5 oz bag of mini marshmallows (we call ‘em “mallows”).  When the mallow is all melted, remove from the heat and stir in 6 cups of rice krispies (generic brand works just fine).  Stir everything so that the krispies are incorporated but be careful not to break them.  Pour the rice krispies into a greased 9 x 13 pan.  Grease some wax paper and press down on the krispies so that you have a flat surface.  Let those delicious smelling krispies cool for 30 minutes (if you can wait 30 minutes I will be shocked).  DSC_0143After they cool you can simply cut them up  into squares to serve, or you can take cookie cutters to make your rice krispies a little more festive.  I cut mine into pumpkins.DSC_0138DSC_0147
I’m embarrassed to say how quickly these left our house, so dig in and enjoy these delicious treats! 
Hope you’re having a great Thanksgiving weekend!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh yum! That looks delicious! We love rice krispies around here!

Aya Smith said...

I've seen a lot of pumpkin recipes, but pumpkin rice crispy treats is a first, delicious! :D

Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi

Mrs. Pancakes said...

that looks delicious and healthy....im also giving you an award tomorrow on my blog..hope you will stop by!

sherri lynn said...

ohh Rice Krispy treats are SO good! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and are recovering from all of the cooking I'm sure you did!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover