Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pumpkin Krispy Treats

I’ve been throwing pumpkins at you all week.  Are you tired of pumpkin ideas and recipes yet?  I know I say they’re all awesome, but they really are lol

I love this treat because it doesn’t even require turning on the oven it returns me to my youth.  These pumpkin flavored rice krispie treats are TO. DIE. FOR!  I couldn’t keep my fingers out of the pan!
Over low-medium heat, melt 1 stick of butter.  Keep a close eye on your butter so that it doesn’t burn, but once it starts to turn a little brown, stir in 1 tsp of pumpkin spice & a 10.5 oz bag of mini marshmallows (we call ‘em “mallows”).  When the mallow is all melted, remove from the heat and stir in 6 cups of rice krispies (generic brand works just fine).  Stir everything so that the krispies are incorporated but be careful not to break them.  Pour the rice krispies into a greased 9 x 13 pan.  Grease some wax paper and press down on the krispies so that you have a flat surface.  Let those delicious smelling krispies cool for 30 minutes (if you can wait 30 minutes I will be shocked).  DSC_0143After they cool you can simply cut them up  into squares to serve, or you can take cookie cutters to make your rice krispies a little more festive.  I cut mine into pumpkins.DSC_0138DSC_0147
I’m embarrassed to say how quickly these left our house, so dig in and enjoy these delicious treats! 
Hope you’re having a great Thanksgiving weekend!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...