Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Lemon Pepper Chicken

I know, I know.  It's been a while. Life is keeping me busy. I have tons of blog posts, but they're all up in my head.  I'm sorry you can't read them; maybe I'll get back here soon.  But for now, here is a really yummy recipe that I've been making lately, and my family is loving it; thought I'd share it with you.

Ingredients:
5-6 garlic cloves, minced
juice from 2 medium lemons
2 tbs lemon pepper seasoning
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp dried oregano
4 tbs EVOO
2 lbs chicken tenders (I get the organic packs from Costco; you could use chicken breast, just make sure they're all the same thickness)
2 tbs grass-fed butter
lemon slices, for serving
fresh parsley, chopped for serving
broccoli, steamed as a side (optional)

Directions:
1. Combine garlic, lemon juice, spices, & half of the oil in a bowl to marinate chicken.
2. Dry off chicken, and then add it to the marinade. Make sure the chicken is coated in the marinade & let sit covered in the fridge for 2 hours.
3. Heat the remaining oil & butter in a skillet (I use cast iron), and discard the marinade. Cook chicken in the heated oil/butter 3-4 minutes on both sides.  
4. While the chicken is cooking, I steam broccoli for a side. I've also done brussels sprouts & quinoa before. Get creative, or use what you already have. 
5. Serve with slices lemons & chopped parsley
6. Enjoy!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...