Monday, August 15, 2016

Basil Squash Pizza

Lately I've been on a weird pizza kick.
Not that a pizza kick itself is weird. In fact, that's very normal for me.
But the types of pizza are weird. I'm not just interested in your everyday pepperoni & cheese folks.
Remember my Supermom pizza I shared with you a couple weeks ago? Oh yeah, that's the kind of pizza I'm lovin' right now.  And today, I have a new one to add to your to do list. This is a MUST do stat pizza.  Like, your life depends on it!  So so good! Try it and tell me what you think :-)
Basil Squash PizzaFrom the Kitchen of Darby Hawley
Ingredients
1 yellow squash, sliced
1/2 medium red onion, sliced
2 tbs butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbs basil, chopped
3 oz sliced mozzarella
1 ultra thin pizza crust (mine was store-bought but you can make your own if you want)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a large skillet, I use cast iron, heat butter then add in squash & onions.  Cook, stirring when needed, until it begins to brown 5-10 minutes.  Then stir in the garlic and cook for another minute or so.  Remove from the heat and stir in basil.
3. Spread the squash mixture over the pizza crush, & then stop with mozzarella.  Bake for 15-20 minutes.  Serve with extra basil.
4. Enjoy!
DSC_0312
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...