Friday, June 24, 2016

“We Help!” Fire Station

So that Dutch wouldn’t be scared I taught him that the siren of police cars, fire trucks, and ambulances says “We help! We help! We help!” So whenever we see one that is what he says and he knows that they are going to do good work to help someone.  Aunt Nana, my sister, is dating a beau who is a firefighter, and when they came to Houston we got to go visit a station.  But not just any station, the station that would probably be the one responding to us if we had any emergencies at home.  It was obviously nice to thank those that sacrifice their lives to serve others all the time, but also it was great for Dutch to see the trucks and meet the firefighters.  Of course I could say that he loved it and learned all about the engine.  That would be a lie.  Maybe when he’s older he will take an greater interest into the profession.  To be honest Dutch has never met a stranger so I thought this would be a fun trip.  Silly mama!!!!  He was scared of the loud noise from the garage opening and clung to me with a death grip.  Not to say that I loved potentially scaring my kid, no not at all, but I’m SOOOOOOOO glad that we went.  I’m so glad that he saw the truck and that he got to meet those serving at the station, so that if, heaven forbid, one day we need emergency assistance it wont be as scary as it potentially could be.  With time he did warm up and even got into the truck so it wasn’t a traumatizing experience at all (thank goodness).  In fact, I’m so glad that Aunt Nana’s beau took us so that, yes we had a fun field trip, but also because Dutch had a real lesson on learning to trust emergency first-responders.  I highly recommend you take your kiddos to the fire station in your area so that they get to know those that serve.DSC_0203DSC_0187DSC_0194DSC_0210DSC_0184DSC_0213DSC_0222DSC_0223DSC_0228DSC_0230DSC_0233DSC_0237
Thank you Mr. Beau for taking us to the fire station!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...