Monday, November 16, 2015

Butter Bell

Happy Monday y’all!  I hope that you had a great weekend.  The weather in Houston is finally becoming more pleasant, so we spent the weekend outside.  Aside from the epic mosquitos, it was glorious.  Yes, I said mosquitos…..in November!!!!  Insane!

Okay, I know that it is Monday, and I should really wait to post this on Wednesday, for a “What I’m Lovin’ Wednesday” post, but I just can’t wait another 2 days to share this with you.  I’m a butter addict.   Also if you’re thinking of a Christmas gift for a family member or friend who is a foodie, this is the gift for them!

Have you heard of a butter bell?  We’ve had one for a few years and have always enjoyed it, but since becoming pregnant with Teeny Peep, I have REALLY loved this thing……like could be a problem.  A butter bell is just a dish that you use to keep butter in, and to keep it at room temperature.  That sounds just like a butter dish, right? Well it’s a little bit different. You place your softened butter into the top & then place the top upside-down into the bottom.  Because the bottom has water in it, when the butter hits the water it creates a vacuum so that your butter stays softened & free of germs.  All you have to do is replace the water every couple of days, and you have softened germ-free butter!  I have loved this for my english muffins in the morning, for corn on the cob this past summer, for my pumpkin bread this fall, for cinnamon raisin bread, for warm dinner rolls ….I mean folks you’ve really got to get one of these things if you don’t have one already!DSC_0728DSC_0730DSC_0734
I really like plain white dishes, so there is nothing to my butter bell. HOWEVER, there are some really pretty butter bells out there.  Here are some of my favorites:
Seriously, these are awesome gift ideas for the foodie in your life…..or maybe even a gift for yourself this holiday season :-)
Happy Monday friends!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...