Monday, September 24, 2012

Pirates in Houston

It's no secret that the Mr and I are Steelers fans (if you're new around here, here is a quick catch-up post for you).  While football is our favorite sport, when the Pittsburgh Pirates come to Houston, we are all over it like flies on tape (that was a gross analogy, sorry).

The last time the Pirates were in Houston we had Diamond seats and sat right behind homeplate and were on ESPN.  That was an evening to remember!

Even though we sat MUCH higher this time, it was still a night to remember.  The Mr and I had such a genuinely fun time eating our peanuts and cracker jacks (Actually we didn’t eat that but I feel like I have to say that since this is a baseball post. In reality we had nachos.)  Anyways, it was a great Friday night and I was looking forward to all week!
DSC_0108Go Pirates!DSC_0113The Mr was nervous because of the tie in the 9th inningDSC_0114
A meeting on the moundDSC_0119And then we won! wahoooo!!!!  Then the Astros hosted a party of fireworks for us!  (Not really, but I like to think they did hehe)
I have yet to master photographs of fireworks, so these is the best picture of them.DSC_0130DSC_0134I love the city of Houston for the backdrop :-)DSC_0146
I just love the feeling of baseball in the summer.  It just fits so perfectly.  Don’t you think so?
What is your favorite baseball team? When was the last baseball game you went to?
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...