Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Ruby Trees: Tomlin’s Tree

Earlier this week I mentioned my Ruby Trees (click here for the full story).  In short, I make a new themed Christmas tree every year in honor of my grandmother, Ruby.  This year was no different and I had to make a new themed tree.  With the newest member of our family (Tomlin) as my inspiration, I’m excited to share with you our Steeler tree.
I purchased a black and yellow tree and put black and yellow glass balls and football ornaments on the branches.DSC_1100DSC_1113DSC_1114DSC_1115DSC_1117DSC_1125
For the tree topper, I made a Lombardi Trophy. For those of your who don’t know, this is the trophy won at the Super Bowl, named after a former Green Bay Packers coach.  And yes, the Steelers have 6 of these silver beauties :-)  Anyways, I wrapped some silver ribbon around a styrofoam cone and glued a silver ornament on top.  Ta da! Lombardi Trophy :-)DSC_0732DSC_1118
For the tree skirt I used a couple of our Terrible Towels.DSC_1338
We put the tree in Tomlin’s room and she loves it :-)DSC_1215
What do you think? This has got to be one of our favorite Ruby Trees :-)
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...