Monday, April 24, 2017

Sticker Numbers with TWO Levels

I've mentioned it before, but this spring we've been working on numbers (identification, counting, and writing).  I shared some other learning activities that we've been using with you already (the motor loops, cereal numbers, and chalkboard tracing). Today I have another easy and powerful number activity.Sticker MatchingHawley Homeschool
Do you remember those color coordinated stickers for file folders in the office?! Everything is in the digital world now and color coordinated there, so let's use those sticker circles for something new in the classroom.  What toddler doesn't love stickers?  I order these stickers and these dot pens, and print off some dot activities. DSC_0354
There are two levels, a basic and more advance option for this sticker number matching activity.  The more basic way, LEVEL 1, is to write the numbers on the stickers and on the paper and get your toddler to match the numbers. OR you could just use the dot markers to fill in  the dots on the paper and get your toddler to match the colors by applying the stickers to the color dots you made.DSC_0353DSC_0190DSC_0388
The more advance option, LEVEL 2, is to put the color dots on the dot paper, and write numbers on the stickers.  Then your toddler has to identify & match both the color and the number.  For example, they have to distinguish between the red two and the blue two.  I didn't think Dutch would be able to do the more advance option, but I thought I would give it a try any ways and he surprised me by easily matching the stickers based on color and number.  Looks like I need more colors and numbers :-)DSC_0356DSC_0482DSC_0480
Give this a try and tell me what you think!
What activities are you doing your toddler to facilitate fun learning?
Obligatory Blogger Disclaimer: I was not paid for this post; I just really like these products.
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...