Monday, April 17, 2017

Fancy Tuna Sandwich

One afternoon both of my kids were sleeping at the same time (#momwin), and I already had the laundry going, so I got to play in the kitchen and actually have lunch.  WHAT??!! It's amazing (and delicious) what my brain can come up with when it's free from distractions but starving.  This has become a go-to lunch for me during the week and fast last-minute dinner idea during the warmer weather, but could also be a fancy tea sandwich for a baby shower or something like that.  I love this sandwich, and there really is a lot of room for freedom.  So I'm not going to give you a lot of measurements and instructions.  DON'T FREAK OUT!  It's good!  Be liberated!  It will be delicious! This is a fairly big batch, but I make it big at the beginning of the week for sandwiches.  Please modify it to your taste.Fancy Tuna SandwichFrom the Kitchen of Darby Hawley
Ingredients:
two 12 oz can of tuna in water, drained
two 15 oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
3-4 celery stalks, chopped
dried cherries (about 1/3 to 1/2 cup)
pecans, roughly chopped (about 3/4 cup)
1/3 cup greek yogurt
mayo (maybe start with 1/4 cup and add to your taste)
juice from one lemon
sea salt & ground pepper, to taste
Ezekiel bread, toasted

Directions:
1. Mix everything together in a bowl and serve over toasted bread.
2. Enjoy!
DSC_0830
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...