Friday, April 7, 2017

Easter Egg Catching for Preschoolers

Have I bombarded you with Easter activities?  Are you over it yet?  I certainly hope not because I am elbow-deep in Easter Eggs.  This fine motor task takes the traditional Easter Egg hunt to an entirely new level.  We usually "hunt" for eggs above ground, but what if we put them below water and have to fish them out? Or scoop them out? Or count them? Easter Egg Catching- Life with the HawleysHawley HomeschoolI’m not sure who has been having more fun with this task, me or Dutch?  The question is still out for debate.  All you need are some tongs (I have small ones for little hands), I also have an old kitchen scoop (optional), bowl of water, and Easter Eggs (I got mine for $2 at the grocery store).  We’ve been sitting outside and scooping and “pinching” different color eggs out of the water.  We count them all and we count them by color.  It’s been a lot of fun and a great way to work on our colors and fine motor skills.DSC_0035
What else could we do with this task?
I know that you've got some super creative ideas to share!
 
Here are some other fun Easter activities I've share this week:
Easter Egg Color Puzzle
Easter Egg Color Counting & Matching
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...