Monday, April 3, 2017

Easter Egg Color Puzzles {FREE}

Despite the fact that Easter is later this year, I didn't realize that it was only 2 weeks away.  WHAT?! I thought that I would share this puzzle with you later in April.....but that clearly wont work.  We've been in full-on spring mode during our school days since mid-February.  I want to share a few activities we've been using lately, and here is the first one.  I made these FREE little puzzles for Dutch and he has been having so much fun with them, and your little one will too.Easter Egg Color Puzzles- Life with the HawleysHawley Homeschool
All you need: pick up some paint chips (FREE!!), a marker, scissors, and a laminator (completely optional).  I drew an egg on several paint chips, and then made them into puzzles with unique shapes at the dividing line between shades of colors.  I cut them out and then laminated them.  Such an easy DIY puzzle.  This is great for color recognition, matching, and critical thinking.....and of course a great opportunity to talk about Easter :-) I've mentioned that I'm a big advocate for the Montessori Approach, and this activity meets one of those objectives for self-correction.  A child/student can easily see which puzzle pieces match and what doesn't, therefore enhancing independent learning.
DSC_0128DSC_0129DSC_0134DSC_0806DSC_0807
This is so easy right?
What are you doing with your kiddos for Easter?
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...