Friday, April 21, 2017

A Day in the Life {Take 3}

The last time I did one of these posts, was back in April 2016 and August 2015, and to say that life is different would be an understatement.  With little babies they change so quickly so even though it isn't even a year later, life is so different.  I tried to capture just a regular day so that I would have a little time capsule of what my life was like.  This was March 16, 2017:

7 am:  Bring Ellis to bed with me.  She was up every hour last night so we're very tired.  I didn't grab the camera at 7am, so you're just going to have to trust that this is my bed and this is where we were sleeping.DSC_0448
8 am: Ellis has one and one time with mama since Dutch is still sleeping.  I'm drinking my coffee, listening to the Today show (I listen to it every morning), make breakfast & put dishes away from last night.DSC_0453
9 am: Dutch is up & we're out for a walk with one of your friends from the neighborhood.  The kids are eating their french toast on the go this morning.DSC_0455
10 am: We're back from our walk.  I nurse the baby and she goes down for her nap, I get another cup of coffee and hop in the shower really quick before we start school.  While I'm in the shower Dutch is watching "Planet Earth: Life Reptiles and Amphibians".  He really likes the kimono dragon.DSC_0458
10:30 am: We've started school for the day.  On this day we're working on St. Patrick's Day, weather, our senses and the number 8.DSC_0485

12:45 pm: I'm making lunch after school.  Dutch had a breakfast burrito and I had a chicken & cabbage salad.  I call the Mr. for our midday check-in while I'm cooking lunch.DSC_0495
1:30 pm: Dutch is down for his nap, and I send the Mr. pictures from our school day.  He likes to know what we're doing every day.  I check my email & reheat my coffee that I haven't touched since 10 am.

DSC_0489DSC_0490

2:10 pm: I zoned out for a few minutes because I knew the baby would be up soon and this would be the only break I would get today.  I caught up on the "Real Housewives of New York" Yes I love almost all of these series.  They make me laugh. Ellis still sleeps in our room.  At night she's in bed with me and during the day she is in her bed.  When she wakes up she likes to throw everything in her bed onto the floor; she thinks it's hilarious.  Dutch did the same thing at this age.DSC_0499
2:40 pm: Ellis has been nursed & changed.   She's watching me make her lunch.DSC_0506
3:30 pm: I'm making dinner and washing diapers.   Ellis is still eating her lunch with me in the kitchen (she's a slow eater) and Dutch is still napping.  I've learned that it is much easier to cook while the kids are eating or while one is sleeping, so I cook dinner pretty early in the day and just heat it up at dinner time.   This helps our evenings so much smoother too, because I don't have to try cooking with two kids melting down and I don't have to stay up late to clean the kitchen.  This just works well for us right now.DSC_0517
4:15 pm: Dinner is done.  I'm cleaning up the kitchen & switching the diaper laundry.  Glamorous life, right? ;-)DSC_0518
4:30 pm: Dutch is up and awake.  New diapers for both babies.DSC_0519
5:00 pm: We read books in the afternoon until dinner or daddy comes home. I'm also a book doctor.  Did you know that? Dutch has never ripped a book, but Ellis, she definitely has.  We have to be careful when we read around her.DSC_0529
6:20 pm: Dinner and dishes are done. Dutch has gone fishing.DSC_0526
7:30 pm: We went to Lowe's to pick out some paint colors for our next DIY project.  The Mr. got me a new computer because mine was 5 years old and running slow.  We were stalking Best Buys Daily Deals for a few months and the one we were waiting for went on sale today so the Mr. bought it online this morning & we had to go to the store to pick it up. We also stopped to get a milkshake because I was craving one all day long (don't over read that; I'm not pregnant).DSC_0532
8:20 pm: We're home!  Clothes are laid out for tomorrow, I'm diffusing lavender for the evening, the kids are in bed, the paint sample are being tested.DSC_0539
9:20 pm: I'm setting up my new computer and making sure my blog post is ready to go for tomorrow morning.  Just an FYI, all of my posts are pre-written & scheduled.  I have to do it that way or posts would never get written.DSC_0533
10:15 pm: Sweeping the kitchen, vacuuming the living room, and going through my massive to do list that never gets shorter.DSC_0541
11 pm: I wash my face and sit on the couch for some reality TV before bed.  I usually go to bed between 12 and 1 (whenever Ellis wakes up for her feeding).DSC_0542
So that's my day!  Some may call it boring, hey, even I call it dull sometimes, but for the most part, to me this is the dream life and such a blessing!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...