Thank goodness I took notes and wrote this awhile ago, and just needed to edit it, because Ellis will be one in just about a week. It’s time to crank out these last two months before her birthday! Life is moving fast, so I’ve got to make sure I stay on track. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.
You had your first Easter this month
And you actually said “yes” at Easter dinner!
Dutch likes to whisper
This month you tried a donuts, mac and cheese, ham
You love books
Lots of talking from Dutch and he loves to hear himself
Learned to throw
First trip to the zoo, and also your first experience with projectile puke on the way to the zoo
Your napping schedule is 10-12ish and 4-6ish
We have lowered the crib rail
Getting top right tooth
Dutch is standing on his own
Getting up around 7am everyday
Says "nana" for banana
Smacks lips when something tastes good
Loves to share
On 4/30/2015 Dutch slept from 8:30-5:00 for the first time ever! He has only had 2 six hour stretches in his life so this is big! Hopefully this isn't a fluke and he does it again so that I can sleep and not keep checking him to make sure he is breathing every 45 minutes lol
- Dutch says "ahn-young"
"Dada" was definitely your first word last month, but this month you're saying "mama" when you want me. It's the sweetest sound :-)
You can shake your head side to side as if you're saying "no" though you don't know what that means.
- The first thing you do when you wake up now is clap and wave to me. Your little wave is so cute and it makes you smile.
- You've definitely asserted yourself as a morning person. In the morning when you and I get up and we have the house to ourselves you crawl every where and play with everything. You're so fast and so giggly.
- I can see you becoming more and more girly with how much you scream. When you're playing you just get so excited that you scream. It's not a shrill squeal (yet) but definitely a scream. You're very loud hehe
- You're walking around and pushing things more and more and faster and faster!
- Your first Thanksgiving was this month and we went to the ranch. You got to ride on the ATV (my first time nursing in an atv) and go fishing with us. We also went out canoeing together and you loved the peaceful water. Dutch sat on daddy's lap and you sat on mine and it was so peaceful. No one said anything we just looked around. It was very tranquil.
- During Thanksgiving you slept through the entire meal. I think you're still dealing with an ear infection (though I later found out you didn't have an ear infection, you were just tired lol) and teething so that may have contributed but you missed the entire thing.
- At the ranch you sat in a high chair for the first time. I think you loved having your own place at the table. You kept looking around and smiling at everyone.
- You've officially learned how to flush the toilet. You think the spinning water is so funny.
- 11/30/2016 was your last day of Montessori school....it was a hard day for mama. You only went for about 7-10 hours a week for 3 months, but it was still hard to say goodbye to your teachers, who also were Dutch's teachers.
- The sound of the kitchen door into the garage opening instantly captures your attention from anywhere. You speed crawl over to the door to see what is going on. You can even open the door if it's been left open by a small crack. You just love that garage door!
- 12/4/16 You went to the nursery during church. Up until this point you have just sat in my lap, but today you went to the nursery during church and Sunday school. It was a big deal and you did a great job!
- Nanny & Grandpa came to visit this month and you enjoyed playing with them.
- Daddy pulled out the walker and you are in heaven, you love walking around and having more freedom.
- You're not standing on your own yet; you still want to hold onto something to keep steady.
- You nap from between 10 and 11 in the morning until about 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Then you might take a shorter nap in the evening for about an hour and are ready for bed by 8:30. You still don't sleep through the night. You are up by 11 & sleep with me, waking to nurse every hour or so until about 7am.
- You're still a very petite girl and wearing 6-9 month clothes (some 12 month jammies just for the length).
- By the end of this month you have 8 teeth!
- This week (week of the 5th of December) was the first week where I think you're feeling better again. You're not teething, no ear infections, no cold, no thrush. FINALLY you're feeling 100% again and I'm so happy for you.
- Solids have not been something that you seem interested in. That is until today (12/13/16). While I was in the shower you got into the Christmas candy I had stashed away to make cookies for the neighbors for Christmas. You ate a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. It was all over your face, hands, & pantry. Apparently food isn't appealing to you unless it's chocolate. I couldn't agree more with you baby girl ;-)