Well another month has passed! I can't believe that Ellis has been apart of our lives for two months. How is that possible?! Maybe I have forgotten how to count?! This just can't be right!!!
Am I going to say this every month??! You betcha!
One Month recap
Month Two- Dutch
Month Two- Dutch
- First bottle when you were about 6 weeks old
- Daddy watched you for the first time without mama while she got her nails done at 7 weeks
- You went to your first parade on the 4th of July, which was the first holiday we got to celebrate with you.
- We went out to eat as a family at Grimaldi’s for the first time since labor
- Every day you’re getting more and more alert.
- You had your first nap in the crib...though by accident because mommy was taking pictures and you fell asleep
- You’re tracking with your eyes very well.
- You are starting to eat every 3 hours
- You’re sleeping every 2-3 hours
- Between weeks 3 and 5 you had a big growth spurt
- At week 5 you were sleeping a little less
- You love the Moby and to be worn.
- At 5 weeks you had your first babysitter, Lisa, while mama and daddy went on a double date
- You love having Amazing Grace sung to you. I always sang that to you when I was pregnant
- You got your 1st roll on right thigh at 5 weeks
- You love going outside, looking at ceiling fans, and kicking your legs
- At 7 weeks you started cloth diapers, went to church, and started sleeping 4-6 hrs at night
- During the day you love to be held and will sleep as long as you’re being held until the next feeding (we are still every 3 hrs). At night your first stretch of sleep is 4-5 hours now, and then between 2am-8am you are up every 45 minutes.
- You gave us your first smile on 7/27 as we were taking you out if your carrier at home after church at 7 weeks old
- At your 2 month appointment you weighed 12 lbs (40%), were 24 in long (88%) and your head was 15 inches around (50%). You had your vaccines and did great…..mama did much worse than you and cried longer than you
- You’re doing a log of cooing and more alert looking around
Mama & daddy think this is crazy, but you had your first school interview at 8 weeks, had the second interview a week later. You were accepted.
Month Two- Ellis
- I used your last newborn diaper on 2/19 and though they still fit I'm not going to buy anymore because I don’t know how much longer you will wear them. You're starting to get very long. You’re wearing size 1 diapers until you are big enough for our cloth diapers.
- Your eyes are still blue. I have no doubt that they will be changing colors soon simply based on the gene pool.
- At 6 weeks old we had our first weekend with just mama, Dutch, & Ellis. Daddy went camping.
- You don't like when mama gorges on chocolate; it makes your tummy gassy and hurt.
- Your hair is starting to a little red, and I love it :-)
- You are starting to coo and talk with us
- I think this is just crazy, but you still get the hiccups everyday around 4:30 like you did when you were in my tummy.
- You are doing so much better with being cold for diaper changes. They no longer tick you off and you don't cry about them anymore.
- Around 4 weeks you got your first cold. A runny nose and and a small cough. You handled it like a champ.
- Mama loves the sound you make when you are sucking on your pacifier; it's so cute!
- At 5 weeks old you went to your first birthday party. It was the first real event you went to.
- The first trip to church as a family of four was when you were 6 weeks old and you slept through the entire service.
- During the day, when Dutch takes his nap, mama holds you and snuggles you the entire time.
- You very rarely cry, but if you do it’s because you’re hungry, have to toot and your kicking your legs, or there was a really big sound (like the dogs barking)
- Our ceiling fans make you smile
- At 6 weeks old, you are still wearing newborn clothes, but I'm starting to move you into 0-3 month clothes.
- Your eyelashes are starting to grow and they are so pretty!
- When you were just days old we noticed that you had a dimple on your right cheek just like your brother, but you only had one. Now that you're cheeks are getting a little more plump and kissable, we've definitely seen that you have another dimple on your left cheek. It is so adorable! We do things to try to make you smile just so that we can see your dimples.
- At 7 weeks old I am starting to pack up your newborn clothes. They still fit for the most part but they are starting to look a little tight. The 0-3 clothes are still drowning you but not as bad.
- Your hair is starting to grow in at your hairline on your forehead. It's so soft and light.
- Daddy gave you your first bottle at 7 weeks old.
- At 7 weeks I left you for the first time with someone else, Aunt Grace, for about 2 hours. You did great with your cousins.
- It doesn’t matter what time of day or where we are, if you are wrapped and mama is wearing you, you are so happy and sleepy.
- Somewhere between 6 and 7 weeks you started to get some rolls on your upper thighs. They are so cute!
- We found a second birthmark! When we were in the hospital we noticed that you had one on your forehead (on the right side in your hairline) but we've found another one on your left forearm :-)
- At about 8 weeks you're starting to wake up more and more. You like around and take in everything.
- You love being outside and looking at the sky and trees.
- At your 2 month appt you are 11 lbs 2 oz (47%), and 23 in tall (79%) so you're a long string bean. You're doing great with holding your head up and tracking, you still eat every 2-3 hours.
- You sleep a lot in the morning and are generally up all evening until about 8pm when you start sleeping in 3 hours stretches. You get up to eat and then go right back to sleep. You love sleeping with mama and daddy still.
- You are a very cheerful baby, and spend a good bit of your waking time smiling.