Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Teeny Peep Bumpdate- Week 39

I know, I know, our Teeny Peep has been here for a month now and I’m just posting her 39 week bumpdate.  Well, in all honesty, this was mostly written before she arrived and I just needed a picture.  What interrupted me posting this was her actual debut; our sweet Ellis came a week early!  I still want this week posted though, so it’s a little late, but here it is anyways.  And just to catch up, here is my 38 week Teeny Peep Bumpdate.39 weeks
The bump moved to the outside! 
Bumpdate with Dutch at 39 weeks
Date: 1/16/16
How far along: 39 weeks
Fruit-size comparison: A watermelon! 
Developmental milestones: Teeny Peep is building a nice layer of fat to keep her warm on the outside.  The longer she is in the womb the better her brain development will be; I’m all for her getting that extra development. 
Maternity clothes: Oh yes! hahahahahaha
Weight gain: 21 lbs! I’ve done much better than Dutch.  With him I gained a total of 31, so this is a full 10 lbs better!
Stretch Marks: I've got plenty of kisses from heaven from carrying Dutch.  I applied lotions and such daily with that pregnancy, but to be honest I don't think I'm even going to try to prevent future stretch  marks.  I absolutely love these badges of honor and I'm so proud to wear them.
Sleep: I’m pretty tired but no where near as tired as I’m going to be really soon!  I’d say that I’m pretty exhausted and having trouble sleeping just because I can’t find a good sleeping position.  But I’ve also got a sick baby that I’m trying to get better, got some serious leg cramping and going to the bathroom a million times a night.
Best moment of the week: I met with my care provider again this week and baby girl had a heart rate of 127, my BP was 110/60, & a fundal height of 39 cm.  Right on track :-) I am 50% effaced (cervical thinning), –3 station, and 1.5 cm dilated. I loved hearing that my cervix has been responding to my contractions and is making progress.  My membranes were stripped to help move things along.
Movement: I can tell that she is running out of room and her movements are very squished and muted.  She’s still active, just lacks room.
Cravings: Nothing that I can think of here.
Gender: Baby girl!!
Belly button: I love my new outtie :-)
Wedding Ring: On
Anything making you queasy/sick: I can’t eat a lot because it makes me sick to my stomach.
What I miss: Sushi
What I’m looking forward to: Baby girls birthday!!!!!
Labor signs: Woah contractions are officially here!  They are becoming more and more uncomfortable and predictable.  I’m starting to have to stop talking through some as they’re becoming more intense.  Sometimes they will just stop me in my tracks.  With Dutch I was in early labor for 3 weeks before his arrival, I’m hoping that early labor doesn’t last as long with Teeny Peep.  I’m nauseous again and throwing up my food; I can tell that my body is trying to stay empty for labor.  I have also lost my mucous plug and I’ve got lots of descending pains so I know we’re getting close!!!
Symptoms: I am getting more and more uncomfortable and I know this baby is getting closer to her birthday.  I’ve got a lot of potty breaks, charlie horse cramps in my legs at night, I'm more and more irritable.
Nursery: There isn't going to be a new nursery.  We plan on having Dutch and Teeny Peep share a room.  It's not that we don't have the space; we do have another bedroom, but we would like our kiddos to share a room when they are younger.  We're thinking this will be a great opportunity to continue building character with our children.  And to be honest, Dutch didn't move into his nursery until he was eight months old, and even then only for a few hours a day until he was 11 months old, so the new baby will probably stay in our room about the same amount of time and then we will do a transition of some sort.  Of course we don't know what it is like to have two children and exactly what it will be like, but this is how we think we are going to try to start.
Emotions: I’m still sad that this pregnancy is almost over, but I am officially ready to meet this girl!
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...