Friday, May 30, 2014

Little Peep Bumpdate {39 Weeks}

39 weeks collageUh…check out the size of that belly!!!! It’s ginormous!
With a belly this big, hair does not get done lol
Date: 5/21/14
How far along: 39 weeks
Fruit-size comparison: A watermelon!  (insert quote from Dirty Dancing, "I carried a watermelon?!")
Developmental milestones: More than likely Little Peep has reached his full birth weight since we are only days away from meeting him (fingers crossed and everyone praying!).  They say between 6 and 8 lbs, but I'm going to go with my maternal instincts and guess that he is definitely over 8lbs and probably closer to 9 lbs or more.  All of his internal organs are ready and his immune system continues to develop, as it will outside of the womb.
Maternity clothes: Oh yes!
Weight gain: I've gained 34 lbs since my pre-pregnancy weight
Stretch Marks: Yes and I'm totally loving every single kiss from heaven!
Sleep: I love it!
Best moment of the week: Getting good news from the doctor after my NST test to make sure that Little Peep isn’t getting stressed as he loses realstate in my tummy.
Movement:  I still feel him moving around but it is getting less and less.  I make sure to pay attention to those fetal kicks now that he doesn’t have much space.
Cravings: Sweets!
Gender: A little boy!!!
Belly button in or out: The top part of my belly button is now an outtie while the bottom portion is a flattie.......It's very comical to look at lol
Wedding ring: Mostly on unless I've been exercising outside in the Houston heat.
Anything making you queasy/sick: Nope
What I miss: Nothing
What I’m looking forward to: Holding my little boy!
Labor signs: I’m going on 3 weeks now of having early labor contractions.  Nothing is predictable yet though.
Symptoms: Most people have asked me about how “uncomfortable” I am.  To be honest, I'm really not that uncomfortable.  I mean I have had almost 10 months to adjust to my new body type, and while it's difficult to move around like I used to, I'm not that uncomfortable.  I have been really blessed with a fairly easy pregnancy, and when things have been less than ideal I have just chosen to embrace them.  However, I would say that my biggest discomfort is my recent PUPPP diagnosis (pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy).  PUPPP is basically a red bumpy rash that appears around the umbilical cord area of the lower abdomen in response to hormones at the end of the third trimester; it looks like an allergic reaction to stretch marks.  So far it is a very mild case, but I have to say that my lower abdomen is extremely itchy, irritated, and sensitive to the touch (even the touch of my clothing).  I have absolutely no control over myself with the itching.  I have found a lot of natural ways to treat it so hopefully this will be healed up pretty soon, that is, if Little Peep doesn’t arrive sooner.
Nursery: Done, and I can’t wait to add the final piece, Little Peep, to complete the room :-)
Emotions: I’m ready.  I have cleaned everything multiple times. I have cooked a small stock. I have gone to Costco & the grocery store. I have walked around the neighborhood until my calves hurt. I have consumed hot peppers and pineapple.  I have practiced acupressure.  My email box (personal & professional) are empty.  I have had a pedicure.  I have drank my raspberry leaf tea and pure cranberry juice.  I have attempted every single old wives tale available, and I’m ready to meet this little boy.  I see my maternity leave shrinking with every day that Little Peep is not here and it makes me extremely sad to know that each day he is not here is one less day I get to spend with him this summer.  While it has crossed my mind a few times, I know that I wont be pregnant forever; needless to say, I am very ready to meet Little Peep and snuggle with him.
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...