Thank goodness I took notes and wrote this awhile ago & just needed to edit it, because Ellis will be one in just about a week. It’s time to crank out these last two months before her birthday! Life is moving fast, so I’ve got to make sure I stay on track. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.
- At your 9 month appointment you were 18lbs 4 oz (25th percentile) and 28 in long (the 32nd percentile). You dealt well with your vaccines and blood work. Unfortunately you're still working on your 3rd ear infection though (going on the 4th week)
- You're eating table food,eggs (scrambled and boiled), marinara sauce, grapes, American cheese chocolate chip cookies, puffs, tator tots, whole peas, biegnets, french fries, guacamole, beans
- For clothes you're wearing 9 month bottoms and 6 month tops
- He's walking with assistance but looking good to try it on his own
- Your first meat was (3/8/2015). Daddy smoke him his first brisket :-)
- You can drink from a regular cup now
- Balloons are amazing to you
- Dutch got his first black eye from falling into a basket of books
- Gave us 7 hrs of sleep on 3/29/15
- We stayed at the ranch with Kim & Drew for Easter. You went on your first East egg hunt, and you really like plastic eggs
- You went down your first slide with mama at the park
- Your favorite book is the baby colors book
- Shakes head side to side like saying 'no' but he doesn't know what it means
- You rode in the front of the basket at HEB for the first time
- Dutch can open doors (not just cabinet doors but actual doors)
- At your 9 month check up you still weren't feeling good so all vaccines
were skipped. In fact your thrush was still present, you had an ear
infection in your left ear, and you were very congested. I could tell
that you just weren't feeling good. You weighed 16 lbs 10 oz (23rd
percentile) and 28.75 inches long (87th percentile). You're long and
skinny just like daddy.
- You still have not yet started solids so as soon as you start feeling better we're probably going to start those.
- She is officially able to crawl on all fours (not just army crawling), but prefers to army crawl because she is so much faster at that.
- Ellis is starting to cruise along the couch. She is holding on and walking back and forth. First time was 10/23/16
- She is waving and clapping on command and in response to us.
- Her level of excitement and happiness in the morning is just like her father. I certainly did not give her that gene. She is always so happy to start a new day.
- Ellis hates to take medicine. This she gets from me ;-)
- I can see so much of daddy in Ellis: her personality, the way she smiles, her love for the mornings, more and more every day I see her father in her.
I think you're starting to cut another one of your top teeth
Mama left for the first time for an overnight for a girls staycaytion. You stayed home with daddy and Dutch
Your first Halloween you went as Woodstock (brother was Charlie Brown). I carried you as we trick
or treated with your brother. You didn't know what was going on but
were completely content to be along for the fun. When we got home you
liked to hold the candies Dutch got because of the sound the wrappers
You went on your first service project to a nursing home (that happened
to be Dutch's first service project also). We sang songs and you brought a lot of joy to
I think that your first word just might be "dada" 11/6/16
You like to play pass the ball with daddy
You've starting to talk and "sing" a lot more. You have a lot to say and I love to hear you babble
You love to stand to play and can't stand to be set down to play. You
are a go-er and mover. You are cruising the couch to play with your
Your first bloody nose was 11/7/16. I was honestly just thinking about
this the other day. I believe Dutch had a bloody nose by this point so I was
anticipating that it would happen soon and sure enough it happened.
While we were playing on the floor you decided it would be a great idea
to flip right over my head. It didn't end so well and you quickly
changed your mind. It wasn't a horribly bloody nose but Dutch was on
it! He was so helpful and ran to get some wipes for your "ouey" I pray
that he is always this concerned about caring for you.
You are getting your 4 top teeth all at the same time and you do not like it
You had your first lick of an apple 11/12/16