Friday, September 2, 2016

Hawley Peeps Monthly: Month Seven

Well here we are, closer to a one year old than to newborn status.  My mind cannot understand it.  I feel like I’m digging my heels into the dirt cartoon-style, but I’m still being drug to this first birthday party.  I’m not ready.  I’m not ready. I’m not ready. As much as I try to prepare myself, and even remind myself that I have a problem with change, it doesn’t seem to work.  Why is this the fastest year of my life?! We certainly are having fun with this little girl, so that must be why.  That is what they say, right?
Month 1 ~ Month 2 ~ Month 3 ~ Month 4 ~ Month 5 ~ Month 6
Month 7- DutchMonth 7- DSC_0052
  • Really starting to babble a lot and it sounds like "mama" most of the time
  • Got to see Santa for the first time at HEB 12/13/14
  • At 27 weeks tried green beans for the first time and hated it (12/13/14), had it for 5 days and then tried peas and loved the peas. Tried pears and liked those
  • Loves to blow raspberries, & also loves to have them blown on his tummy
  • On 12/12 had 6 month appt.  He was 16 lbs and 9 ounces (26%), and 28 in (79%)
  • Participated in first research study at UofH on bilingual language development
  • Hums loudly while nursing, especially at night....it's hilarious
  • Dutch’s school has a small Christmas pageant with lots of singing
  • He takes long morning and evening naps 9-11 and 3:30-5/6
  • Went to his first fancy french restaurant for moms 30th birthday
  • His eyes are hazel
  • Likes to hold fabric
  • Likes music
  • Mama loves the sound his feet make when he is laying on the floor on his belly and kicking his feet on the floor
  • Responds to his name
  • Found his voice and very talkative
  • Loved his first Christmas,  especially all the wrapping paper (for eating not for the gifts beneath hehe).  Dutch got an: airplane, stacking cups, wooden stacking rings, pull puppy, guitar drums & piano, lots of books, rhyming bible,  wooden tool set, Bernstein bears dvd, ornaments, mama's childhood boo-boo bunny, steelers jammies
  • 12/26/14 officially crawling and getting faster everyday
  • On 12/31 he was diagnosed with a double ear infection. Weighed 18 lbs 1 oz
  • 1/1/15 I walked around the corner and into the living room where papa bear was holding Dutch  and he clear as day said "mama" & I froze and looked at papa bear with the biggest look of shock on my face and said "what?" And he said "mama" again!
  • We celebrated new years together
  • You had your 1st trip to herman memorial park with daddy
Month 7- EllisDSC_0730
  • You really like to blow bubbles
  • It's so funny to listen to you and your brother in the back of the car. You make each other laugh.  If I ever need to get you to smile for the camera (which is rare) Dutch can make you laugh in a heartbeat
  • At your 6 month doctor visit you were 16 lbs (52 percentile), and 27 inches (89th percentile) and your head circumference is 42 percentile
  • You are blowing your tongue all the time and making herself laugh
  • I still think her favorite toy right now is the bag of wipes, or anything plastic and dangerous for babies.  You clearly like to live life on the edge :-)
  • She definitely recognizes her name when it's called now
  • You've got a summer cold and it's so sad to watch you struggle to breath.  You really hate the nose frida right about now.  Your cold only lasted about 2 weeks, but it was a long 2 weeks for you.
  • On 7/27/16 you sat up by yourself for the first time for about 15 seconds
  • You really like to sing (at least that is what it sounds like), especially in the car
  • Ellis slept on her belly for the first time 7/27/16
  • I have switched most of your jammies to 9 month because you're just too long for anything else.  If I have you in 6 month jammies your legs have to stay bent :-\ For the most part your shirts and oneies are 3-6 months, but you will be outgrowing that size very soon.
  • If you're wearing disposables (like when you're sick right now) you've graduated to size 3.
  • Eyes are turning more brown and less green
  • Daddy gave you you're first  taste of real food and let you lick a bite of cheese.  It didn't seem to phase you
  • If I stand behind you as a spotter, you can hold onto the couch by yourself standing
  • Your hair is definitely starting to grow and get dark again.  It now is starting to hang over your ears.  I look forward to when I can put your hair in pigtails.
  • After being a little sick, with mama, you started sleeping on your tummy.  But now I think that is your preference (like mama & Dutch)
  • You are really starting to talk a lot.  You babble back and forth with us and it is so funny.  It’s like you are actually conversing with us in your own language
  • I think right now you're definitely a mama's girl.  You really like to be with mama.  It makes me so happy that I can be the one that makes you feel safe and secure.  I pray that it is always this way little one.
  • You absolutely love plastic, chip bags, shipping packaging, wipe bags.....The sound makes you so happy!
  • Ellis is up at 7:20 am everyday smiling at me
  • We went to the beach with you and your brother for the first time.  I got to nurse you on the beach; it was something that I've always wanted to do. We dipped your legs into the ocean and let you feel the sand.  I don't think you thought too much of it, but it didn't scare you or anything.  You were very calm and looked around taking it all in.  You were very sleepy at the end of the day; I think seeing all of the new stimulation really wore you out. 
Seven Month Old Collage
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...