Monday, August 23, 2021

The Best Brownies (I promise you won't be disappointed)

I have NEVER been good at making brownies. My mother-in-law, on the other hand, is a rock star brownie maker. I have tried her recipe numerous times & always failed. I was craving a delicious homemade brownie 3 weeks ago, and decided I would try my hand at them again. I have made this so many times now to perfect the recipe, & I think this is it. These brownies are as perfect as I can get them, not too fudgy and not to cakey, something in the middle with a delicious frosting. What gets me is that these really are so easy to make. I wish I had committed to working on this recipe years ago. Think of all the brownies I've missed! So come on, try these brownies!


Ingredients:

Brownies:

1 cup softened butter

2 cups sugar

4 eggs

2 tsp vanilla

2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp baking powder

walnuts (optional)


Frosting:

6 tbs melted butter

6 tbs unsweetened cocoa

1 tbs honey

2 tsp vanilla

2 cups confectioner sugar

3 tbs room temperature water    

ice cream a la mode (optional)


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease & flour a 9 x 13 pan.

2. To make brownies, mix all wet ingredients together in a bowl with a fork, then add the dry ingredients. You want to mix until just incorporated but not too much. Evenly spread the batter into the greased pan. If you are going to add nuts, you can sprinkle them on top right before putting the pan in the oven.

3. Bake for 25-27 minutes.

4. While the brownies are in the oven, mix all of the frosting ingredients together. If the frosting is too stiff, add water. It should have a very smooth texture. Pour the frosting over the brownies while they are still warm.

5. Enjoy!

xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...