Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Organic Homemade Teething Biscuits

Over the weekend I posted on Instagram that I was making some teething biscuits for Dutch and I received a lot of requests for the recipe.  It’s important to me to make sure that I start teaching my little boy from an early age that what you consume impacts your body.  I am very particular about the foods that I feed him; I want to make sure that I’m giving him the best future that I can.  When I make my own teething crackers/biscuits for him I know exactly what he is eating so I’ve been making these for him for a while.  I will do a post soon on the homemade baby food that I make for him.From the Kitchen of Darby Hawley
This is a super simple recipe that takes no time at all, and I like that Dutch can easily hold these in his hand.  Not going to lie, I’ve eaten a few of these with my coffee in the morning……kind of like biscotti lol
  Organic Homemade Teething Biscuits
Ingredients:
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup steel cut oats ground in a blender
2 tbs maple syrup
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 tsp each of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and vanilla extract
1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
Pick one:
         1 cup apple sauce (I use homemade but you could also use organic)
         1 cup mashed bananas
         1 cup pumpkin puree
Teething Biscuit Ingredients
Directions for all flavors:
1. Mix all ingredients together. Mold them into little biscuits & place on a greased cookie sheet. 
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes and then flip them. Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
3. Store uncovered for about 24 hours so that they continue to harden.
4. Enjoy them at room temperature OR serve frozen when gums are sensitive.

Teething Biscuit Flavors
Enjoy and Happy Wednesday Friends!

xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...