Monday, August 17, 2015

Teeny Peep Bumpdate: Weeks 16 & 17

No, of course I’m not freaking out that we’re 3 weeks away from being half-way done with this pregnancy.

Nooooooooooo!

Not at all.

Never.

(oh my gosh yes!!!!!!)
16 WeeksI couldn’t resist sharing the two outtake pictures that my hubby caught without me knowing :-)
Sweet moments with my babiesDSC_0037-2DSC_0033-2
Date: 8/8/15
How far along: 16 weeks
Fruit-size comparison: An avocado
Developmental milestones: I hate to say the "little things" are developing this week, but they aren't real major organs (obviously still important and valued of course): Teeny Peep is busy growing toe nails, hair, firmer skin, eye brows, the eyes are moving to the front of the face, and the ossicles in the ear (tiny bones for hearing) are forming. I love that Teeny Peep will soon be able to hear me speak to him or her.
Maternity clothes: The clothes that I purchased last week arrived, and the leggings are amazing.  I just might live in them until the baby arrives.  I actually really like maternity fashion.  I know that it hasn't always been wonderful, but I think these days it's different.  There really are a lot of options to still express your big pregnant self through fashion.  I love fall and winter clothes and I am so looking forward to wearing maternity clothes when I'm large and in charge during those seasons.  I'm thinking it will be so much better than feeling like a beached whale during the summer months like the end of my pregnancy with Dutch
Weight gain: Ha! Well after a lovely dose of food poisoning this week and continuous nausea, I'm down another 6 lbs (that's -15 lbs total).  My husband actually called me skinny today.  Don't get me wrong, I loved hearing that, but this just is not the time to be "skinny".  So I'm trying to get some weight, and hopefully I can start keeping food down.  I'll worry about being thin this time next year. I can tell that my body is changing and that my Teeny Peep bump is growing.  When I look down at my feet I feel like the bump is huge, but then when I catch a reflection of myself it still looks so small.  I remember this happening with Dutch.  Big bump or little bump perceived as a big bump, I just love it :-)
Stretch Marks: I've got plenty of kisses from heaven from carrying Dutch.  I applied lotions and such daily with that pregnancy, but to be honest I don't think I'm even going to try to prevent future stretch  marks.  I absolutely love these badges of honor and I'm so proud to wear them.
Sleep: I think I've hit insomnia again.  It takes me a long time to fall asleep, but once I do I am a hard sleeper.
Best moment of the week: The Mr. and I made some pretty tough decisions regarding our birth plans for Teeny Peep.  While they were emotional decisions, we had a lot of prayer time and discussions and we have peace with our decisions.  Having that done and now preparing to move forward is comforting and relieving.
Movement: Still a few little taps every now and then.  Nothing is regular, but I do look forward to when I can "talk" with my Teeny Peep through his/her taps.
Cravings: Oh no, food is disgusting to me.  I don't want anything. This is what got me into trouble earlier this week with craving a salad from a salad bar.  Preggos please be careful with food from a salad bar or a buffet; just because the food is hot/cold does not mean it is fresh.
Gender:  After being so sick this week, not just from the food poisoning, and from increased acne, I am convinced that we are having a girl  In fact, I told my mother in law, that I would be shocked if we were having a boy.  I have even started window shopping for girl clothes and bows on Etsy.  I'm thinking we might be shifting gears around here soon.
Belly button: It's an innie, but it is already starting to get flat.
Wedding ring: On
Anything making you queasy/sick: Yep, all food, smells, the heat, and pretty much everything.
What I miss: I am actually getting tired of not being able to eat.  I love food; it's an amazing gift that God gave us to enjoy what we eat.  I am looking forward to enjoying food again.
What I’m looking forward to: I'm really looking forward to finding out the gender of Teeny Peep.  I think that will help us settle on a name.  Also we are being matched with a new OB.  I switched when I was about 20 weeks pregnant with Dutch too, and love my new OB.  In fact, I still love him and he will continue to be my doctor.  It was not planned to switch again at about the same time; just a coincidence.  Because of some delivery decisions that we have made, we are being matched with a new doctor at this time.  I am looking forward to meeting our new doctor and going over our decisions.
Labor signs: No, thank goodness.
Symptoms: Despite my weight loss, my bump is growing thank goodness. I'm still very nauseous, have an increase in acne, and I'm easily tired.
Nursery: There isn't going to be a new nursery.  We plan on having Dutch and Teeny Peep share a room.  It's not that we don't have the space; we do have another bedroom, but we would like our kiddos to share a room when they are younger.  We're thinking this will be a great opportunity to continue building character with our children.  And to be honest, Dutch didn't move into his nursery until he was eight months old, and even then only for a few hours a day until he was 11 months old, so the new baby will probably stay in our room about the same amount of time and then we will do a transition of some sort.  Of course we don't know what it is like to have two children and exactly what it will be like, but this is how we think we are going to try to start.
Emotions: I think I've been pretty balanced this week, even with being so sick.  I think I've just being dealing with things as they come at us, and not really allowing things to get to me.  Not that I'm not feeling or dealing with things, I'm just more able to control my thoughts and deal with situations more logically and rationally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

17 Weeks
Date: 8/15/15
How far along: 17 weeks
Fruit-size comparison: An onion.....how delicious does that sound lol
Developmental milestones: Teeny Peep's bones are beginning to harden and the umbilical cord which connects us is getting stronger and thicker.  He or she is about 5 inches long, the joints can move, and the sweat glands are developing.
Maternity clothes: I don't think my body has done much growing this week, so I'm about the same as last week.  Lots of yoga pants and leggings that are non-maternity.
Weight gain: Still in the negatives here.  I believe I'm still down 4 pounds from prepregnancy weight, however I've been able to eat some this week, so if that continues I will probably start gaining weight again.
Stretch Marks: I've got plenty of kisses from heaven from carrying Dutch.  I applied lotions and such daily with that pregnancy, but to be honest I don't think I'm even going to try to prevent future stretch  marks.  I absolutely love these badges of honor and I'm so proud to wear them.
Sleep: Yes, I definitely have pregnancy-induced insomnia.  It takes my body so long to get ready for bed.  Maybe that's because I'm chasing a toddler all day long so when I finally do get to sit down it just takes time for my body to unwind.  It's taking me about 3 hours to finally fall asleep every night.
Best moment of the week: One night this week, after Dutch had gone to bed I was doing my labor exercises in the living room and the Mr. look at me and said, "Oh my goodness we're having a baby again?! Didn't we just do this? Weren't we just doing these same labor exercises?!" I couldn't help but laugh because, yes he's right!  We really were just doing this, but at the same time it feels like an eternity ago.  I couldn't help but giggle at his realization; I feel the exact same way.
Movement: Yes, more and more regular and daily.  I absolutely love this feeling.  There is no way I can get enough of it!
Cravings: Nope, there is nothing that I really want, but there are a ton of things that I don't want (mostly anything with a smell).  I will say though, that I don’t typically want Asian food (except Vietnamese and sushi), but I did make several Asian-inspired dishes last week and it’s on the cooking docket twice for dinner this week too.  So maybe I’m craving Asian food? Oh and oatmeal and granola parfaits everyday.  Okay okay, maybe I am craving things a little now.
Gender: I'm convinced we are having a girl.  No doubt in my mind about that.
Belly button: It's an innie, but it is already starting to get flat.
Wedding ring: On
Anything making you queasy/sick: Can I say everything makes me sick still?  Especially smells!
What I miss: I miss knowing what I want to eat. I don't want to eat anything these days, but I know that I need to, so finding something to eat throughout the day is a huge undertaking.  I'm looking forward to when I just want to eat everything.
What I’m looking forward to: I’m definitely looking forward to our anatomy scan.  I want that reassurance that everything is going well, and of course finding out the gender of our Teeny Peep.  Also we will meet our new physician in a couple weeks and I’m really looking forward to meeting with her and making sure we’re all on the same page.
Labor signs: No, thank goodness.
Symptoms: Still nauseous (though it is starting getting better), fatigue, movement :-),
Nursery: There isn't going to be a new nursery.  We plan on having Dutch and Teeny Peep share a room.  It's not that we don't have the space; we do have another bedroom, but we would like our kiddos to share a room when they are younger.  We're thinking this will be a great opportunity to continue building character with our children.  And to be honest, Dutch didn't move into his nursery until he was eight months old, and even then only for a few hours a day until he was 11 months old, so the new baby will probably stay in our room about the same amount of time and then we will do a transition of some sort.  Of course we don't know what it is like to have two children and exactly what it will be like, but this is how we think we are going to try to start.
Emotions: I think realizing that I'm just three weeks away from being half-way done with this pregnancy has me so excited, so petrified, and so, so angry.  I can't wait to meet this baby, but I'm still nervous about juggling 2 under 2.  I'm also angry that time is flying by so quickly.  I think time is something that I am always fighting, and will continue to fight for the rest of my life.  I want to enjoy this pregnancy as much as I can and I just want it to go slower....but faster at the same time. lol
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...