Friday, August 14, 2015

Teeny Peep Bumpdate- Weeks 13-15

Happy Friday y’all!  I know you must be thinking that I am out of my mind bombarding you with SIX bumpdates in one week.  I surprise myself, I promise!  And get this, 6 posts in two weeks…..holy moly!  I think I might have hit my blogging grove again (it only took a few months; don’t hate).  Okay anyways, I think since I had a bumpdate overkill this week, that I am so close to being in real-time again and will only post these once a week. Yippee skippy!
13 weeks
Date: 7/18/15
How far along: 13 weeks
Fruit-size comparison: A peach.....how are we at a peach already?!
Developmental milestones: The baby's intestines are coming out of the umbilical cord and into his/her body, and vocal cords and teeth are beginning to form.  This is so hard to imagine, but if we're having a girl she already has 2 million ovum (or eggs) in her ovaries.
Maternity clothes: If I'm at home I'm still rocking leggings or yoga pants which are non-maternity, but if I go out I'm wearing maternity shorts.  Tops are still a mixture, but hiding this bump is completely impossible now.
Weight gain:  I'm still down about 10 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight
Stretch Marks: I've got plenty of kisses from heaven from carrying Dutch.  I applied lotions and such daily with that pregnancy, but to be honest I don't think I'm even going to try to prevent future stretch  marks.  I absolutely love these badges of honor and I'm so proud to wear them.
Sleep: Ehhhhh I'm doing better than last week since I figured out the pillow wedge, but it still isn't the best sleep.  I still wake up with some back pain but it's not too bad.
Best moment of the week: I don't have a particular moment, I just love being pregnant.  I am so joyful and grateful for this gift that I can't help but smile everyday.  Everyday is a great day, even when I'm puking and fatigued it is still the best day ever.
Movement: No but I am definitely looking forward to it.
Cravings: Chuy's jalapeno dip and mashed potatoes and I had them both Yummmmmmm
Gender: This week I'm leaning more towards thinking our baby is a girl, but I had 2 dreams this week of baby boys....so I don't know.
Belly button in or out: Innie
Wedding ring: On
Anything making you queasy/sick: Still almost everything under the sun: food, smells, thoughts, temperature....It doesn't matter what it is, I can puke over it.
What I miss: Nothing that I can think of
What I’m looking forward to: The Mr. and I have been throwing names back and forth and I think knowing the gender would at least help narrow the options down.  We are really looking forward to having a name for this baby.
Labor signs: Nope, and I'm totally okay with that.
Symptoms: Fatigue, nausea, heartburn, peeing every hour....you know, the normal stuff
Nursery: There isn't going to be a new nursery.  We plan on having Dutch and Teeny Peep share a room.  It's not that we don't have the space; we do have another bedroom, but we would like our kiddos to share a room when they are younger.  We're thinking this will be a great opportunity to continue building character with our children.  And to be honest, Dutch didn't move into his nursery until he was eight months old so the new baby will probably stay in our room about the same amount of time and then we will do a transition of some sort.  Of course we don't know what it is like to have two children and exactly what it will be like, but this is how we think we are going to try to start.
Emotions: I think I've maintained balance in that I'm mostly on the happy end of the spectrum, although I cry a lot (happy tears).  Some commercials or happy moments (like watching Dutch see the circus for the first time), make me tear up, which I think are good things to tear-up about.  I did have one moment this week, where the Mr. wanted to give me some alone time (which is sooo nice) and he took Dutch out and they went to a sports store.  I was sitting at home on the couch resting and started crying because I just missed them both so much.  Seems a little silly, but I just like to be with them all the time and I just hate being away, even if it is only for a couple hours.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
14 weeks
Date: 7/25/15
How far along: 14 weeks
Fruit-size comparison: A lemon (isn't a lemon smaller than the peach from last week? I think I remember asking myself this same question when I was pregnant with Dutch)
Developmental milestones: If we have another thumb sucker on our hands, he/she is already doing that in the womb. The baby is wiggling, making lanugo and urine, and the kidneys and spleen are working hard on developing.
Maternity clothes: Still the same as last week.  I really love maternity shorts (I'm already debating if it's okay to wear this post-pregnancy....like years post-pregnancy lol)
Weight gain:  I'm still down about 10 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight, but that doesn't seem to stop by belly from poking waaaaaaaay out!
Stretch Marks: I've got plenty of kisses from heaven from carrying Dutch.  I applied lotions and such daily with that pregnancy, but to be honest I don't think I'm even going to try to prevent future stretch  marks.  I absolutely love these badges of honor and I'm so proud to wear them.
Sleep: I wake up with a lot of pain in my middle back, and I have a few potty breaks during the night, but when I'm sleeping I sleep hard. I'm pretty sure a train could come through the middle of the house, and if I wasn't up for a potty break, I wouldn't know it was happening.
Best moment of the week: I was taking a nap yesterday and I'm almost certain I felt a flutter.  I know it's early, but it was just like when I felt Dutch for the first time except less aggressive.  I would put money down that I felt the baby kick.
Movement: Not sure, but I think so.  I was laying down to rest today, and felt some flutters on my right side. (This is exactly as it happened with Dutch, but he didn't flutter, he full on punched me right in the middle of the gut) I waited for signs of digestion, but nothing happened.  Later in the week I felt it so much more. 
Cravings: Broccoli and salad!  If I can keep this craving up throughout the pregnancy that would be awesome.
Gender:  I think I'm thinking girl this week.
Belly button in or out: Innie
Wedding ring: On
Anything making you queasy/sick: The heat is killing me.  Dutch and I go on a walk every morning and every evening.  On Monday this week it was so hot during our morning walk that I ended up puking on the side of road while I was talking to a neighbor. Glamorous, right?
What I miss: Since I've been on pelvic rest I have not been able to baby wear Dutch.  I absolutely loathe that we can't snuggle like we used to when I would wear him :-(
What I’m looking forward to: We have a baby appointment this week and I'm looking forward and praying for a great report.
Labor signs: Nope, and I'm totally okay with that.  I will say that I've already started prepping my body for labor.  I've been starting my exercises on my labor ball and stretches.
Symptoms: I think I'm finally starting to feel a little less nauseous when I'm not in the heat and maybe I can start eating some more.
Nursery: There isn't going to be a new nursery.  We plan on having Dutch and Teeny Peep share a room.  It's not that we don't have the space; we do have another bedroom, but we would like our kiddos to share a room when they are younger.  We're thinking this will be a great opportunity to continue building character with our children.  And to be honest, Dutch didn't move into his nursery until he was eight months old so the new baby will probably stay in our room about the same amount of time and then we will do a transition of some sort.  Of course we don't know what it is like to have two children and exactly what it will be like, but this is how we think we are going to try to start.
Emotions: When I first wrote this I was feeling like I was hitting my stride, but it turns out I wrote too soon.  I was sitting on the couch with the Mr as he was watching TV and I kind of zoned out and he asked me what I was thinking (I guess I had a worried look on my face), and I said, "I think I'm freaking out" I was thinking about the first day when my hubby goes back to work and I would be at home by myself with 2 little babies under the age of 2 years old!  Oh my goodness how am I going to do this?!  How will I take care of two babies by myself?! How will I load the car and unload the car to get groceries? How will I tell one child to wait while I tend to the other and still make the first feel loved? What will I do if they don't nap at the same time (which I realize is going to happen A LOT!)? So many "What if's" rolling around in my brain.  I know women have been doing this for millions of years, but this time it's me haha I know it will be tough at first but I'm sure we'll get some kind of routine (eventually) and we'll figure it all out.  With love we'll make it through, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
15 Weeks
Date: 8/1/15
How far along: 15 weeks
Fruit-size comparison: An apple
Developmental milestones: Our growing baby is moving amniotic fluid, joints are moving, and is beginning to curl up (We saw all three of these on the ultrasound this week!).  The baby can detect light on the outside of my stomach
Maternity clothes: I pulled out my maternity clothes from Dutch and I have way more than I remember having.  I also ordered some more jeans and leggings for the fall, because I'm pretty sure you can't have enough of those.  I'm not in maternity pants yet but I don't think it will be long until I am.
Weight gain:  I finally gain 1 lb!  Still down 9 lbs but at least I'm starting to gain.
Stretch Marks: I've got plenty of kisses from heaven from carrying Dutch.  I applied lotions and such daily with that pregnancy, but to be honest I don't think I'm even going to try to prevent future stretch  marks.  I absolutely love these badges of honor and I'm so proud to wear them.
Sleep: Better, this week.  I sleep very hard once I fall asleep.  This week it has taken me a little longer to fall asleep at night.
Best moment of the week: By far, our appointment this week was the best!  We got a chance to see Teeny Peep!  This baby has definitively grown in the last three weeks.  The baby is already very squished in mama's womb; another very long and skinny baby. Teeny Peep is already curled and moving like crazy.  We tried to get a gender peak but Teeny Peep wasn't ready to share that with us yet.  The doctor did notice that I have a low lying placenta (not placenta previa), and I had this with Dutch as well.  I was put on pelvic rest with Dutch at 21 weeks, but I was put on pelvic rest at 6 weeks with this baby, then I was excused from it at 10 weeks, but put back on at 11 weeks due to some bleeding.  The low lying placenta coupled with my blood condition (my blood is incompatible with my babies) will probably keep me on pelvic rest until the baby arrives. Pelvic rest is pretty much a step away from bed rest.  It just means that I can't lift anything, no strenuous activity, no exercise, etc. Due to some bleeding at week 11 I had to have some blood work done at this doctors appointment and should get the results back some time next week.  My doctor was very glad that I have put on a pound especially after losing so much weight.  I've only gained one pound, but at least it is a start. My blood pressure was 96/52 and the baby's heart rate was 145.  All in all, it really was a great appointment and we loved to see our Teeny Peep :-)
Movement: After seeing the baby on the ultrasound this week, the baby is definitely already squished in my uterus (I guess that's what happens when daddy has long skinny genes with a mama who is pretty short.).  I spoke with the doctor about whether or not I have been feeling movement and he said that most second time moms can feel their babies move about 4 weeks sooner than their first pregnancy.  Since I felt Dutch at 19 weeks, and I'm now 15 weeks and the baby is already so long, I probably am feeling him/her move.  When watching the ultrasound we saw Teeny Peep move and I could identify those movements internally, so I think it's safe to say that I am officially feeling this little boy or girl moving and I absolutely love it.  I mostly feel the movements when I'm laying down and being calm, and it isn't regular yet, but when I do feel it, I can't help but smile :-)
Cravings: Broccoli and salad!  If I can keep this craving up throughout the pregnancy that would be awesome.
Gender:  This week I think girl and the Mr. thinks boy.  At the ultrasound this week, Teeny Peep was being modest so we didn't get a peak.  The big anatomy scan will be this month so hopefully we'll see then.
Belly button in or out: It's an innie, but it is already starting to get flat.
Wedding ring: On
Anything making you queasy/sick: Not that I can think of, nausea has gotten much better this week.
What I miss: I can't think of anything here either.
What I’m looking forward to: Enjoying the rest of the summer and getting to our anatomy scan.
Labor signs: No, thank goodness.
Symptoms: Nausea has gone away, and I'm starting to get an appetite back with some cravings. Energy has come back and my belly is definitely growing.  I still am having to take lots of potty breaks. And of course I'm feeling the occasional movement now.
Nursery: There isn't going to be a new nursery.  We plan on having Dutch and Teeny Peep share a room.  It's not that we don't have the space; we do have another bedroom, but we would like our kiddos to share a room when they are younger.  We're thinking this will be a great opportunity to continue building character with our children.  And to be honest, Dutch didn't move into his nursery until he was eight months old so the new baby will probably stay in our room about the same amount of time and then we will do a transition of some sort.  Of course we don't know what it is like to have two children and exactly what it will be like, but this is how we think we are going to try to start.
Emotions: This week after our appointment, even though it was a good appointment, I've been a little more emotional as we try to make decisions for delivery.  They are tough decisions and I just think I know the answer sometimes, and other times I am a sappy crying mess.  Friday I cried the entire day (like big ugly cry) because I just didn't know which answer to choose.  We are praying through this and looking for God to give us peace and wisdom.
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...