Monday, August 31, 2015

Teeny Peep Bumpdate: Week 19

****Don’t forget to cast your vote for what you think Teeny Peep will be! A he, or a she??*****
19 Weeks
Bumpdate with Dutch at 19 weeks

Date: 8/29/15
How far along: 19 weeks 
Fruit-size comparison: A large heirloom tomato!  Seriously how is Teeny Peep this big already?!  My brain can’t handle it!
Developmental milestones:  The areas of Teeny Peep’s brain where sensations will be processed are being developed this week! So amazing to think that the senses he or she will use to experience this world are being prepared for him or her right now.  Pregnancy continues to both delight and fascinate me.  Also this week, the vernix caseosa is developing to protect Teeny Peep’s body.
Maternity clothes: Dresses and shirts are definitely maternity.  Pants and skirts are still regular, but if I’m wearing pants I have to use my belly band to keep them from falling down.  I’m still not wearing pants a lot though because it’s so hot so it doesn’t bother me.  Mostly just leggings (maternity) and yoga pants (regular).  If I’m wearing jeans, then those are maternity too.
Weight gain: I have officially gained 1 pound! 
Stretch Marks: I've got plenty of kisses from heaven from carrying Dutch.  I applied lotions and such daily with that pregnancy, but to be honest I don't think I'm even going to try to prevent future stretch  marks.  I absolutely love these badges of honor and I'm so proud to wear them.
Sleep: If I don’t have insomnia in the evenings then I can usually fall asleep anywhere and quickly.  My sleep has been a little restless this week and I think that’s probably attributed to my back hurting.  But all-in-all, nothing hugely terrible.  I’m a fairly solid sleeper. (Praise the Lord!)
Best moment of the week: I had two pretty awesome moments this week: 1- We got to meet our new physician this week.  I was extremely nervous to meet her, not because I had any negative expectations, I just wanted to make sure that we have the same worldview of birth, that our expectations, and goals matched.  She thoroughly reviewed my case (I had a traumatic delivery with Dutch) and made sure that we were all on the same page.  It was one of those things where you get all worked up and it turns out to be so easy and pleasant and you wonder, when it's all over, what in the world you were worried for.   We were definitely matched very well, which makes us so grateful that God has His hand at every stepping stone for us.  So we like this new physician so far and are looking to the future with hopeful and prayerful hearts. Teeny Peep is growing well and was very active; our OB literally had to chase him/her down to get a heartbeat (three times!!!).  Teeny Peep's heartbeat was 152, my bp was 110/60, and I finally gained a pound.  All great things :-) My doctor released me from pelvic rest also, so now I can start moving a little more.  The first thing I did after being released was carry my sweet baby boy everywhere :-) 2- On Friday Dutch and I did a little shopping and he was so worn out that he fell sleep on my chest.  This hasn't happened in a while so I just let it happen and everything else could wait.  While he was sleeping on my chest, Teeny Peep started kicking up a storm.  My babies were laying belly to belly on MY belly.  It was complete heaven, as if they were getting to know each other in the most peaceful way.  That was a moment I know I will never forget.
Movement: Yes and I am loving every single tap that Teeny Peep gives me.
Cravings: Not that I can think of, but I will say that my appetite is definitely back.  I can’t eat a lot, but I do have hunger again.
Gender:  I think I get more and more ready to know what we're having, but at the same time, more and more clueless as to what I think we're having.  I have loved reading what you all have guessed (click here to vote), and I can't wait to share with you as soon as we know!
Belly button: It's an innie, but it is already starting to get flat.
Wedding ring: On 
Anything making you queasy/sick: The smell of mouthwash is still driving me insane
What I miss: NOTHING!!!
What I’m looking forward to: I am definitely looking forward to our anatomy scan.
Labor signs: No, thank goodness.
Symptoms: This was officially the first week that I have not thrown up!  I've still been a little nauseous but I didn't puke!  Yippee!!!!  Heartburn has been much less lately, movement has picked up, my belly is growing, plenty of trips to the bathroom, hunger has increased…..all signs that I’m happily pregnant.
Nursery: There isn't going to be a new nursery.  We plan on having Dutch and Teeny Peep share a room.  It's not that we don't have the space; we do have another bedroom, but we would like our kiddos to share a room when they are younger.  We're thinking this will be a great opportunity to continue building character with our children.  And to be honest, Dutch didn't move into his nursery until he was eight months old, and even then only for a few hours a day until he was 11 months old, so the new baby will probably stay in our room about the same amount of time and then we will do a transition of some sort.  Of course we don't know what it is like to have two children and exactly what it will be like, but this is how we think we are going to try to start.
Emotions: I am back to being balanced for sure; I’m certain that has everything to do with me not hugging the porcelain throne everyday. Nothing seems to be throwing my for a loop and I’m feeling good. 
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...