Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Little Peep Bumpdate {Weeks 11, 12, & 13}

Well I’m back this week.  Last week was a tough one, so thank you for being patient while I wasn’t feeling great.  But now it’s time to get back to the show :-)11 week collage
Date: 11/6/13
How far along: 11 weeks
Fruit-size comparison: a lime....this is the first time the size shocked me.  From a prune to a lime in a week?! That seems so fast!  The human body is definitely amazing :-)
Developmental milestones: Our baby no longer has webbed fingers and toes and hair follicles, tooth buds, and nail beds are developing.
Maternity clothes: How I love you!  I'm still rocking my belly bands or looser clothing during the day, but I switch to maternity leggings when I get home at night. The pants rock my world.  I know most people just see me as "off my diet" and I'm okay with that because I know I've got a pudgy tummy for a reason.
Weight gain: Not sure if I've gained back what I've lost yet.
Stretch Marks: Not yet, and while I'm doing my best to defy my genes, I'm sure "nature" will take over
Sleep: I love it and I can't get enough.
Best moment of the week: There were a few great moments this week.  Obviously one of them was finally letting the cat out of the bag to our family, friends, and coworkers (see here).  It has been such a joy to share our excitement with everyone.  Also I realized that I love when the Mr. sends me an email about a statement/question about something he was reading on thebump.com; it brings me great joy to know that he is just as excited as me and that are working as Team Hawley (corny, I know, but that is what we have called ourselves for years).  And lastly, I know this doesn't sound very exciting, but it really was a big step for us: we picked our new insurance plans for us and the baby next year.  It made me really feel like a parent to be making a big decision like that.  (cue the "I'm a big kid now" music)
Movement: Not yet, but I'm looking forward to when I do feel him or her wiggle around in my belly.  I think often back to the last u/s with the baby dancing all over the screen
Cravings: I'm walking a very fine line: I'm either famished or stuffed, there is not an in-between.  If I'm hungry I feel nauseous  but if I'm full I'm also nauseous so I'm trying my best to live in the gray area and eat several small meals a day.  Cereal has made a reappearance into my life now though.  I am not a big cereal fan, but last week I bought 5 boxes at the grocery store.  I'm particularity liking whole grain cereals with dried fruits and nuts.
Gender: It's a girl or a boy  (obviously).
Belly button in or out: Innie
Wedding ring: It's on
Anything making you queasy/sick:  Strong smells just send me over the edge and I just can't stomach them.  I am like a basset hound and smell everything.  Any strong smells send my heaving.  Rooney tooted one morning this week and it was not good haha  Also last Friday night I had a salad and some eggs for dinner (real fancy huh?) and the baby did NOT like that at all.  He/she was very mad at me!
What I miss: Not one thing this week :-)
What I’m looking forward to: Since sharing our big news this week I'm just looking forward to sharing this new chapter in our lives, everything from the highs to the lows.
Labor signs: Nope, and I'm totally okay with that
Symptoms:  I'm still having to urinate a lot and even more during the night.  I have had an epic week with fatigue and nausea that really make me feel pregnant with some stories that are just way too embarrassing (or gross) to share lol
Nursery:  The baby's room will be my old home office.  If you follow me on Instragram you know that we renovated that over the summer.  When we moved in there was a tractor mural on the wall that just had to go, so we painted back in August.  We haven't revealed the office, because about a week before we were going to be finished we found out we were expecting.  So now I feel like we're in limbo to wait and see if the baby is a girl or a boy.  If the baby is a girl I think the room will remain, but if it is a boy I think we have to make a few changes.  I'm not anxious about it; I'm just letting time play itself out and I will think about it when we know gender.
Emotions: Pure joy and love.  With our special delivery announcement I just feel so very loved.  To have my phone, text, email, FB, twitter, and IG just blow up with congratulatory wishes just made my heart swell.  I'm so grateful!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~12 weeks collage
Date: 11/13/13
How far along: 12 weeks
Fruit-size comparison: Our little baby is a plum......now in my opinion I think limes are bigger than plums, but maybe last week was a key lime?
Developmental milestones: Pretty much all of the baby’s organs are formed and we just need him/her to fatten up those cells.  I read that if I poke my stomach now he/she will respond by wiggling (though of course I can't feel it right now).  Instead of poking myself, I do find my hand patting my belly more and more.
Maternity clothes: I'm still in love with leggings.  I'm certain everyone else thinks I just look pudgy, but I feel more in the tummy area.
Weight gain: Not sure if I've gained back what I've lost yet.
Stretch Marks: Not yet, and while I'm doing my best to defy my genes, I'm sure "nature" will take over
Sleep: I love it and I can't get enough.  I am getting up about 3 times a night (12am, sometime between 2am and 3am, and 5:30am......this might be a feeding schedule next year?)
Best moment of the week: I have to say telling my students this week has been really fun.
Movement: He/she is moving but I can't feel it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
Cravings: Cheese...I loved cheese before but this is a new level of cheese insanity.
Gender: It's a girl or a boy  (obviously).
Belly button in or out: Innie
Wedding ring: It's on
Anything making you queasy/sick:  Still smells, particularly mouth wash.
What I miss: Not one thing this week :-)
What I’m looking forward to: We get to see the baby again two weeks from today!!!  Everyone keeps telling me that I need to go to Babies-R-Us.  I have been intimidated by that store for my entire life and never once have I been in there.  If I had a friend who was expecting and who registered there I would order their gift online, or I would just have something monogrammed made for them.  Seriously, I have avoided that store for decades!  But since everyone says I need to go, I'm thinking about considering to walk into the store.  I'm not promising I'll stay...but I might walk in. hehe
Labor signs: Nope, and I'm totally okay with that
Symptoms:  Monday night I got to stay at work until 8pm and I was completely productive without falling asleep.  This was the first time all semester that my body would allow me to work that late and it was awesome.  I think nausea & fatigue is starting to decrease a little!
Nursery:  hahaha I still haven't thought about this really much.
Emotions: Pure joy and love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~13 week collage
Date: 11/20/13
How far along: 13 weeks
Fruit-size comparison: We have a peach! I read somewhere that he/she is as long as a jumbo shrimp now :-)
Developmental milestones: We have reached the second trimester!  The first went by so slow and so fast at the same time.  He/she is developing vocal cords now and I can't wait to hear what they sound like.
Maternity clothes: I've been using the hair tie trick to hold up my pants since they don't button anymore and it is working great!  I just layer my belly bands over-top and I'm ready to go.  I don't think  most people can tell that I'm pregnant, just that I'm chubbier....or I'm getting ready for the holiday season with pre-eating. hehe
Weight gain: Not sure if I've gained back what I've lost yet.
Stretch Marks: Not yet.
Sleep: Has been interesting lately.  My back is hurting a lot so I am having a hard time getting comfortable.  I am doing my best sleep on the couch.  I always start in bed, but end up moving to the couch.  I think the majority of this is because I'm trying to hit a deadline at work and spending 12-14 hours a day sitting at my desk writing; probably not the best thing, but hopefully it will all be done by Friday.  I am still getting up a few times a night for potty breaks, but that doesn't bother me.
Best moment of the week: I didn't think it would be this, but sharing our story of infertility we really the best moment.  This was a really tough post for me to actually publish because it meant that our story was finally “out there”; a very vulnerable week for me. But thankfully I can already see the fruit from our story and that brings me great peace.  Let's see, what else happened this week? Oh we had a quiet weekend at home and I cleaned my entire house; it was awesome for about 30 minutes.....until I let the dogs back inside lol Yesterday I went to lunch with my girlfriend to plan our thanksgiving menu and pick her brain about all things baby. I also ordered a few maternity Christmas dresses for December and I can't wait to try them on.
Movement: I read somewhere that this can happen as early as 15 weeks, since that is only 2 weeks away I am getting very excited about this.
Cravings: Cheese and carbs.....but I'm pretty sure this was me and not a craving because these two have always been my favorites.
Gender: It's a girl or a boy  (obviously).
Belly button in or out: Innie
Wedding ring: It's on
Anything making you queasy/sick:  I'm doing much better at managing my nausea.  I have figured out my triggers (hunger, over-eating, and smells), and just avoid them.
What I miss: I am dying for an Italian sub!  No actually, I'm pretty sure I would eat any kind of sub at this point lol
What I’m looking forward to: Well I finally went to Babies R Us last Friday.  I told y'all that I was petrified about this because the store makes me feel stupid and I hate feeling like that.  Well I went and I did still feel stupid, but I was more willing to learn. I made myself go up and down every single aisle just to see what this magic place was all about.  I have to say, I will definitely be taking a new mamma to help me register; I am in way over my head. lol  I did have a coupon so I looked for things that I knew I would use, and got an outfit off clearance, hangers, and swaddle blankets.  Then I headed to Hobby Lobby where the real shopping went down; I'm very comfortable there lol!  However all of this shopping sent me into an online shopping frenzy over the weekend. I bought A LOT, and I can't wait for it all to arrive!
Labor signs: Nope, and I'm totally okay with that
Symptoms: For the first time in my life I'm able to understand the discomfort of my husband when he experiences heart burn.  Holy moly, heart burn is a real thing!  I tend to get it late in the evenings, around 11 or so (yes that is my new late lol).  It doesn't matter what I eat, spicy or not, heart burn is coming.  I try to fall asleep before 11 so that I miss it.
Nursery:  I have finally started this consider thinking about this
Emotions: Joy! This is my favorite time of the year and I'm looking forward to enjoying it with the Mr. with the added excitement of talking about what next year will be like and preserving these last holidays as just us, while we wait for Little Peep :-)
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...