Friday, October 12, 2012

Rancher’s Chicken

From the Kitchen of Darby Hawley"I'm pretty sure everything is better with bacon & cheddar" -Me
I know you can’t disagree with that!
Well my hubby isn’t a rancher (obviously), but he does have the appetite of a rancher ;-)  So this recipe is a mouth-watering combination of bacon, cheddar, and a rancher’s appetite!
Marinate 6 chicken breasts for 2-4 hours in 1/2 cup honey, 1/2 cup Dijon mustard, 2 tbs lemon juice, 1 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes.DSC_0283
While chicken is marinating, cook 16 oz of bacon- you're welcome ;-)DSC_0285
Broil chicken for 10-15 minutes.  DSC_0286Then pull the chicken out of the oven and top with a few pieces of bacon and some cheddar cheese- you’re welcome again ;-)DSC_0294Place the chicken back into the oven until the cheddar is melted.DSC_0297
It’s pretty much necessary to serve this chicken with something green though ;-)

I promise your 4-legged friends are going to be begging very well for you to share your dinner :-)DSC_0303
xoxo Darby

7 comments :

DaisyGirl said...

Oh this looks so good!! I know it's a meal my husband would really like. I tried a recipe at one point that was similar but the bacon aspect of it flopped. My husband has been asking for it but I'm too scared to try it again. This, though, looks like it would be much better. Thanks for sharing!!

Joy said...

Oh YUM YUM!!! Another recipe to try this weekend. (We always have grilled chicken on Sunday nights. Yes, we are soooo spontaneous! HA) And my sweet Tomlin wanting some of her momma's cooking. I could never say no to that face! Kisses from auntie Joy!!

Meg {henninglove} said...

dang darby this chicken recipe looks great!! bacon always makes everything better and you can't go wrong with the cheesiness too

sherri lynn said...

umm I need to make this delicious-looking dinner STAT! Bacon and cheddar definitely do make anything better. And Dijon Mustard is also a favorite ingredient of mine :) I'm pinning this! can't wait to try it!

Kristin said...

mmmmmmm looks delish

Sugarr2518 said...

This sounds and looks soo good! I'm always looking for some great chicken recipes. I will definitely have to give this a try:)

Anonymous said...

Cool blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A design like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog jump out. Please let me know where you got your design. Kudos

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...