Don't you get tired of the same 'ole thing?!
I know that I have told y'all about my love-hate relationship with left-overs; my taste buds get SO bored!
However, I love something fast and easy!
I admit that occasionally during the week we have hamburgers, because we just run out of time or get home from work late.
With this recipe,
I put a new spin on the old hamburger.
- Set your oven to broil. Place burgers on a broiler pan, and add salt & pepper to your liking. Broil for 15-20 minutes. The timing will depend on how thick your burgers are and how you like your burgers cooked. My burgers are about 1.5 inches thick and I like mine cooked medium so it takes me about 19 minutes.
- While the burgers are cooking, saute quartered cremini mushrooms and sliced salami. I cook mine together in my cast iron skillet and the flavors of this step make the burger.
- Toss some spinach (or arugula) in some balsamic vinaigrette. I know this is not very specific, but that just leaves you some room to make this recipe your own. Have fun!
- Toast your buns- burger buns that is ;-) and spread fresh, fat-free ricotta on the bottom bun.
- When the burgers are done, you can start layering. From bottom to top: bun, spread ricotta, burger, salami & mushrooms, spinach, bun.
- Dig in!!!
Now there is nothing boring to the taste buds about this burger!
What tricks do you have to spice up boring, over-used recipe?