Friday, October 19, 2012

Fall Cheese Plate


Tis the season for entertaining!  I love having people in our home to celebrate during this time of year.  One thing I love to serve as guests are arriving is a cheese plate.  It’s so easy to snack on as people are gathering and mingling.

Cheese- This is the main part of the plate, and you want to make sure that you’ve got something for everyone.  I try to have some bold, or sharp, flavors, as well as some milder and soft cheeses.  I recommend 3-5 cheeses for a nice selection.  I think manchego, goat cheese, camembert, aged gouda, and sharp cheddar are the most popular cheeses and good for a large group where there are a variety of cheese preferences.cheese-platter-1
Also you might want some labels for your cheese just to make it easier for your guests.  I have these and I love that all I need is a dry erase marker to label the cheese.
cheese labels
Great Extras- Cheese plates can be entertaining in themselves if you tailor them towards the season. Here are some ideas to include on your cheese plates this season:
Fruit: apples, pears, figs
Nuts: almonds, pecans, walnuts
Spreads: honey, apple butter, pumpkin butter, whole grain mustard, fruit preserves
Crackers/Bread: seeded crackers, crostinis, sliced artesian bread
Meat: prosciutto, salami
CHEESE_PLATE_0001

Well now, to be honest, I’m craving some cheese lol Hope these tips help you for your next fall party with a cheese plate.  What are your favorite cheeses and items to add to a cheese plate?
xoxo Darby

8 comments :

Joy said...

Mmmmmm cheese! =) Happy Friday Darbs! BTW, every time I pass a vehicle with a Steelers sticker on it, I think of you and Tomlin. Love that sweet girl!

Lindsay said...

What a fancy pants you are. Haha- I kid. Those cheese plates look amazing! I love all cheese and I wish the hubs would leave sharp cheddar and join the grown up cheese club so I could eat it more. Love all your ideas. I might have to incorporate that cheese list into my next party somehow. pinned this. Thanks girl!

Kristin said...

Oh yum! You're speaking my language :-). We love fruit and cheese plates, and you're right - so perfect for entertaining b/c people think they're so fancy (when really, they couldn't be easier ;-)) - love stuff like that! And now you've got ME craving cheese too! Ha! Beautiful photos and styling Darby...

Domesticable said...

I love cheese. Have you seen the chalkboard cheese plates? They are big enough to write the cheese name. PS I earned a 100% on my psych exam. BOOM!

Whitney said...

Wanna come up to the apartment and make me a cheese plate?! LOL! But seriously... we could make a party of it!

Anonymous said...

Hello, I simply wanted to take time to make a comment and say I have really enjoyed reading your site.

I Am Not Superwoman said...

OMG. You had me at brie. LOL. Loving the cheese plate. Stumbled by from Irish Italian Blessing. Newest follower.

Mrs. Pancakes said...

That looks yummy...I'm currently obsessed Elton cheese and crackers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...