Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Trick-ay Trick-ay

Last Friday I filled you in on the puppy progress and how much the dogs are growing.  I also mentioned their tricks.

Tomlin is better than Rooney at performing tricks, but he is coming along.  I told you that I would get a video of them performing their tricks.  I also used this video as a demonstration in my General Psychology class when I was lecturing on operant conditioning and shaping.  So at the beginning of the video there are some things pertaining to class, but just ignore those.  OR better yet, your homework is to go learn about these things and report back.

hehe just kidding; I just can’t help the professor in me!

This is Tomlin: she can respond to vocal commands and signed commands.  I might be biased, but she is brilliant!

This was the only trick we could get them to do while the camera was rolling.  Rooney is still a little dopey and trying to catch on to the trick-train, but he certainly understands the word “treat” lol
I think we’ve got a dog act!  Should we take them on the road?!
xoxo Darby

8 comments :

Kayla C said...

How cute! They are doing great!

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh, how cute are they in unison?! Floyd could really learn a thing or two from them.

Joy said...

I love my Tomlin girl!! And yes, she is VERY smart!! LOVE these videos. Makes me a proud aunt!! ;)

Kristin said...

Toooo adorable Darby! This had re-motivated me to get working with our dogs again. Chester LOVES learning and performing tricks. Caroline is rather ADD, so it's so hard to keep her attention. She too (like Rooney) loves her "treats" though!

Joy said...

I just had to re-watch it.... this time with sound! LOL I'm so proud of my girl Tomlin!!! And Roo better not be getting her treats!! But seeing them turning together is priceless!

Pamela M said...

I LOVE them!! How sweet!!

Jamie said...

Smart pups - I love seeing the marked differences in dogs. They're as unique as people and a million times more fun to play around with!

The Cavallaro's said...

I think we need a puppy play date! Your doggies can teach my loser doggies their tricks (since they don't know any... Well, Bella, the bigger dog, knows a few. But none like your rockstar dogs! And Lola, the little dog, knows absolutely nothing. She has no interest in tricks, just interest in food!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...