Monday, September 17, 2012

A Wreath for Fall

I could say this craft started in February, and that would make me look like a procrastinator.
OR
I could say that this craft took me about 3 minutes and I am AMAZING!
I’ll go with the latter ;-)
For the past couple years I have made my wreaths for fall
2011

This year was no different.
In February I had this monogram hand-carved for our family, and I posted this picture on Facebook for help deciding what color I wanted to paint it. 
324321_564774695640_1629492087_oAfter that I put it on top of the piano, unpainted, and let it collect dust for 7 months. Clearly I’m on top of things, right? lol

When I started decorating for fall I decided it was finally time to make the wreath, so I took a quick trip to Hobby Lobby (the best store in the world) during my lunch one day. (Note that I don’t get a lunch break, but on that day I gave myself one lol)
Shopping List:
Wreath- $9.99
Leaves/Pumpkins/Acorns- $10.79
Ribbon- $4.79
Note- I already had glue and paint
Total $25.57
DSC_0019-2

I first painted the monogram in white.  I was debating between white and teal but went with white.  I can always go back and paint it later for other wreaths, right?  I put on 3 coats, and it dried rather quickly.DSC_0027-2

While it was drying I arranged the leaves, acorns, pumpkins, and berries in the wreath.DSC_0021-2DSC_0025-2

When the monogram dried, I looped some ribbon through and glued the ribbon to the wreath.DSC_0022-2

Here is the finished product.  It was easy, fast, simple, and chic……all of my favs in a DIY project.WreathDSC_0031-2DSC_0033-2
I think it turned out rather well.  Do you make wreaths for fall? What does yours look like?

26 comments:

Lindsey said...

Very pretty Darby... I have wanted to make a wreath, but I just have purchased mine. Every time I have decided on an idea, I have always found one pre-made (in a similar design) that is cheaper than the supplies cost to make mine. Maybe someday I will. I love having a wreath on my door at all times. Currently I have a fall, winter, and spring wreath... I am missing a summer one.

Meg O. said...

OMG! I love that so much!!! That is gorgeous! Okay, come make me one now :)

Danie said...

Gorgeous!!!

Lindsay @ Trial By Sapphire said...

That is a nice big wreath! I love it, Darby! It's beautiful!

Eliza said...

ooooohhhh I LOVE! And I've never seen anything like that first one. I really like it!

Haylee said...

I'm impressed! It's very pretty....trust me mine would not look like that at all!HA! but you are creative like that and me not so much...it must be the accountant in me!:)

Joy said...

My monogram that we have like this from the wedding is going to be hanging in our kitchen. I've just yet to find the perfect mustard yellow ribbon to hang it with. =)

CUTE wreath!!! Kiss the babies for me!

Irish Italian Blessings said...

It turned out beautiful!! I bet you're going to be sad when you have to take it down, it's just gorgeous.

Lindsay said...

OMG that looks amazing!

Meg Cady said...

OMG OBSESSED!!! This is my favorite fall wreath I have seen this year!!!

You did such a great job!

sherri lynn said...

Your wreath is so pretty! I love the addition of the monogram - that is definitely something different and it makes it really stand out!

Sugarr2518 said...

It looks fabulous! I especially like the monogram:)

SweetPepperRose said...

Beautiful monogram and great job on the wreath!
JoAnn

Lacey_Renea said...

I love the wreath !!

Bri Buzali said...

This is so so cute! If you're in the mood to make more, my door is wreathless! haha

Meg {henninglove} said...

so cute darby!! you are very creative. i need to get a wreath soon or else fall will past by me without me getting a wreath door. i love your different wreath from 2010, i think i might have to copy that

Bunnie said...

This is soooo cute!!! I made my Fall one yesterday!!

Love your blog!! Your newest follower!!

XOXO Bunnie

follow me back?

http://www.quallmanza.blogspot.com

DaisyGirl said...

So pretty!! The others are, as well! The monogram is something you can use over and over!!

Christine said...

Such a beautiful and unique wreath!!!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

Donna Wilkes said...

That white monogram really pops against the grapevine. Very welcoming for a door!

Distressed Donna Down Home

Danni Baird @ Silo Hill Farm said...

I love a good wreath and this one is a great one! Nice job!

Allyson [Mimosas in the Morning] said...

I love it!!! It looks absolutely fabulous!

Deidre said...

Hey there Darby! Just wanted you to know that I LOVE your wreath and the monogram is absolutely darling!!! Great job girly:) Deidre~ http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com

Craftberry Bush said...

Darby, it looks beautiful...thank you for sharing...xo

Andrea @ Decorating Cents said...

Your monogram is beautiful.

Jennifer said...

So pretty! Thanks for linking up to our Pretty Things Party. Hope to see you back next week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover