Thursday, September 27, 2012

Beauty LifeSAVERS

Lately I have run across a few items that have changed my beauty life for the better.  In fact I have no idea how I lived all these years without them.  And what kind of friend would I be if I didn’t share these items with you?!  I'd be terrible, so of course I'm gunna spill these secrets for you! Duh!Beauty Lifesavers
1. Mary Kay’s Indulge Soothing Eye Gel- I sold MK for 5 years and absolutely love the products. All. of. them! lol One of my favorite products is this eye gel.  The gel tones and reduces puffiness leaving you with a refreshed look.  I have been pulling some insane hours with my new faculty position, and just because I work hard doesn’t mean I want to look like I work 20 hours a day, 5 days a week.  I actually keep mine in the fridge, so it is nice and cool around my eyes.  This little guy is my best friend when I need to look like I get sufficient amounts of sleep. 

2. Elf Eye Lash Curler- I’ve used 4 bazillion eye lash curlers in my life, but this one by far has been my favorite.  This was given to me with my new hair straightener and I didn’t really think too much of it until I tried it.  This is the most intense and powerful curler that is super effective yet gentle on my lashes. 

3. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Nail Hardener- My nails are super fragile; they break with the slightest pressure, so I’ve tried a lot of products to keep my nails healthy and pretty.  I stumbled across this little gem & thought I’d give it a whirl.  I’ve been using it for about a month and my nails haven’t chipped, split, or even cracked one time.  I apply this to my clean nails twice a week (the first thing I do when I get to work, so that it dries while I’m checking emails), and it has done miraculous things for the health of my nails.  I even wear this without other polish on top and it just looks like a nice clear coat.  This nail hardener is affordable, long-lasting, and quick-drying!

4. Dr. Scholls Rub Relief Strips- I wear heels e.v.e.r.y.d.a.y.  I love ‘em!  My mother always taught me that “it hurts to be beautiful” Well mom, not anymore!  This little dispenser contains a rub prevention foam with an adhesive backing.  You roll out the amount that you need and stick it on the parts of your shoes that rub or are uncomfortable for you.  The foam stays in place and is really comfortable and customizable.  If you wear heels for hours, then I recommend this to keep those tootsies feel’n good!

5. Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge- My dear friend Meg from O. Is Me blogged about this sponge a few months ago, and had me convinced that I needed to try it.  She was right!  This sponge is used to apply liquid foundation, and does so flawlessly!  My foundation goes on smoother than ever before.  I have recommended this to everyone I can since getting it, because it has seriously change my makeup routine.

These 5 things have made my beauty routine so much more efficient and comfortable!  What beauty products and secrets do you have to dish about with me?
xoxo Darby
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...