Wednesday, September 5, 2012

What I'm Lovin' Wednesday: Shame-Full Brushes


Oh. my. goodness.  My makeup brushes were so shameful!  When Britt shared the benefits of frequently cleaning your makeup brushes, I was hanging my head in shame!  I mean seriously, as much as I use those things, how come I don't clean them more often!? What is wrong with me?!

Dirty makeup brushes can carry bacteria which cause acne, eye infections, and oily skin.

I know this is a terrible image to paint for you, but when I read that do you know what I thought about? You know how you peel after a bad sun burn, and how all of your skin flakes off.  Yeah, my mind went there and all I thought about was dead skin in my makeup brushes.

Um hello?!?!?!  Seriously, why don't I clean my brushes once a month?!

Starting NOW, this is about to change.

Fill some cups with warm water and a tablespoon of gentle shampoo (i.e. baby shampoo).  Make sure that your cups are not so full that the metal piece is submerged in the water.  You don't want that to rust and ruin your brushes.

Lightly swirl your brushes in the soapy water, and let them sit for 20 minutes.

Then rinse your brushes in warm water, reshape and allow your brushes to dry.

Are you now inspired to clean your brushes now too? haha  Do it friends!  Your skin will thank you!  Thank you Britt for posting your tutorial!!!
Have a great Wednesday!
xoxo Darby

12 comments :

Meg Cady said...

I am two seconds away fron just pitching mine and getting new ones! Mine are ridiculously shameful! eeek!

Erin Reissig said...

I never thought to let them sitting the baby shampoo! nice. maybe I wont feel like they are dirty after one use.

Sarah said...

I did this the other day after Britt posted that! Makes such a difference!

Bri Buzali said...

This is awesome I'm going to have to try it. I don't think I've ever washed the brushes I have now, gross.

Lindsay said...

This is such awesome info! Thanks friend! I need to do this ASAP. Missed you while I have been gone! Thanks for the support!

sherri lynn said...

Oh boy I really need to clean my makeup brushes... I'd actually rather just get new makeup brushes and start fresh haha. Maybe then I'd be more motivated to keep them cleaner!

smk053078 said...

I am hanging my head and shame right now. I am HORRIBLE about this. I It is super gross if you think about it. Okay, off to lean my brushes! ;)

Meg O. said...

I do this all the time! I just use one cup and refill the baby shampoo and do them a few at a time. I have a crap ton of brushes. Baby shampoo really is the best out of all the brush cleaners I've tried. Yay for clean brushes!!!

Susan Fleming said...

Will do

Connie Forsyth said...

Can anyone join your stocking stuffer swap? I would like to, but, I am from Canada and I am not sure if my package would arrive in time if having to ship to the US, and if I would receive in time if shipped from the US. If you have other Canadians signed up, I know that they would receive in time. Please let me know if I should sign up or not! Thanks!
http://sadieloohoo.blogspot.ca/">Connie from Sadieloohoo

Lindsay @ Trial By Sapphire said...

I use very few brushes, but I should probably clean them this weekend. Added to the to-do list! :-)

The Cavallaro's said...

I actually did this over the weekend because just looking at my brushes made me gag! I have heard this time and time again, but I need to get more on the bandwagon like you and actually put it into action and clean them more! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...